Ramoji Film City is the world’s largest integrated film city and India’s only thematic holiday destination with magic of cinema. Spread across a sprawling 2000 acres, Ramoji Film City, set up by Ramoji Group in 1996, is a dreamy celluloid journey. Certified by the Guinness Book Of World Records as the world’s largest Filmstudio complex, at Ramoji Film City, a filmmaker can walk with a script and walk out with film. For the others, Ramoji Film City flung open a wonderland where 1.5 million tourists build memories every year.
WHERE IS IT ?
Located at Hyderabad, Telangana, Ramoji Film City is also a popular tourism and recreation centre, containing natural and artificial attractions including an amusement park. Ramoji Film City is a one-stop destination for film-makers, providing comprehensive infrastructure and world-class facilities for pre-production, production, post-production. The architecture of the studio and the wide range of settings makes it one of the favourite spot for many film makers.
With a capacity to accommodate close to 50 film units at the same time, Ramoji Film City offers umpteen numbers of film sets such as London Street, Hollywood sign, Japanese gardens, airport, hospital, etc. , landscapes and buildings as well as laboratories. The excitement of the tourists when they compare the sets here, with the locations in their favourite movies is simply awesome. The gardens, hotels, shopping malls, etc are planned in such a way to enthral the visitors.
Journey into the Celluloid world:
This is a special attraction much admired by the tourists as watching film sets made for the popular films make them feel thrilled.
- Every tourist is taken on a guided back-lot tour of the make believe world where in the settings, landscapes and avenues related to different films are shown.
- The ravishing Bhagavatam set with the attendant mythological grandeur is hard to ignore.
- The aesthetically designed Butterfly Park at Ramoji Film City is home to thousands of colourful butterflies which is a big draw for the tourists.
- Growing ornamentally shaped shrubs or dwarf in small containers can be an intriguing art.
- The striking showcase of the world of Bonsai plants at VAMAN can be extremely educative and delight to watch.
- The sun fountain, stands alone in a large area, maintaining the royalty of The Sun.
- The Kripalu caves, designed according to the Buddhist culture is a nice place to have a pleasant mind. The chanting of the words “Buddham Sharanam Gachchami” will take you to some other world.
- The bird park, not less than a bird sanctuary, is a beautiful place where hundreds of birds of different species take shelter. It’s a nice place for the city people to know about these endangered species.
- Many movies like Dilwale, Chandramukhi, etc have been shooted here.
- The block-buster series of Baahubali has undergone the shoot, here, at the Film city. So, there is also a special package, where the visitors get to see the sets of Baahubali!!! Oh my GOD!!! That’s just speechless!!!
Many more attractions are waiting for you, at Ramoji Film City. You can have a collection of lots and lots of moments, which are sufficient to be cherished for a life time.
- There are many packages available. Based on your convenience, you can take your choice.
- There are quite good hotels and restaurants for a safety stay and delicious food.
- Sahas, The adventure park, is a must visit for the daring people, who like doing stunts.
- Rain dance is another attraction, where children get lost in some other world, dancing for their favourite beat.
So, come on, Movie Buffs… Its time to enjoy and explore the sets of your favourite movies. Make time to visit the Film City with your family and friends. I promise, you would forget all your worries and enjoy to the fullest…