Sleep is said to be the best state for a human. This is because our human body is like a machine, where sleep is a kind of fuel which is required for its proper functioning. A sound sleep is mandatory for the smooth functioning of humans as well as animals. In order to be able to perform all activities and actions in a well manner, one is required to sleep properly.
Sleep is a kind of healing state which heals ones all physical and mental stress, tension, anxiety and depression. Proper sleep also has the ability to cure some diseases. That’s why, some medicines contain such elements which induce sleep as sleeping along with the medicine dosage works the magic for the mind and body.
Man-made sleeping disorder
Due to excessive work load and busy schedules, people often ignore the importance of sleep. They start taking less sleep which often lead to many physical as well as mental problems. This habit may be called man-made sleeping disorder.
Apart from the man-made sleeping disorder, many people suffer from a natural sleeping disorder, i.e., insomnia. It is the inability to sleep. Insomnia cases are often those where a person is willing to sleep or he/she tries his/her best to sleep but he/she is unable to do so. It happens without the will of a person.
Causes and Effects of Insomnia
Insomnia cannot be stated as a fully natural sleeping disorder as it is also man-made to some extent. The causes of insomnia generally include habits like, unnecessary worrying, stress taking, being tensed all the time, over thinking things and so on. Insomnia is known to be a serious issue among humans. This is because, this disorder has the ability to hamper life to the worst possible condition.
The most common problems which are usually found in people due to insomnia include headache, anxiety, lack of concentration, fatigue, low energy levels, mood swings, pain in body’s muscles and so on. That’s why, it is extremely important to get rid of insomnia.
How to get rid of insomnia?
Following are some of the tips which are beneficial in getting rid of insomnia :
- Caffeine intake should be avoided from at least two hours before the sleeping time.
- Dinner should not be heavy. One should always have light dinner.
- The atmosphere of the bedroom should be calm and serene. No disturbances should be present in the bedroom. All electrical appliances in the bedroom should be turned off before sleeping.
- No light should be present in the bedroom at the time of sleeping as light disturbs the peace of mind.
- Correct sleeping posture should be adopted in order to avoid distractions in sleep.
- While trying to sleep, one should avoid thinking and worrying. In order to avoid thinking, one may hear soft music as it soothes the soul.
- Presence of a mild pleasing fragrance in the bedroom is helpful in sleeping peacefully.
- Light exercises or yog asanas are helpful in getting rid of insomnia.
- Meditation just before going to bed helps in inducing sleep as it removes all stress and tension.
- An insomniac should undergo Hypnotherapy, Acupuncture or Aroma Therapy as they are highly effective in insomnia.