We all know that it is the very rule of Nature that one who adapts itself to the changes of life, to the evolution ,is the one who stays forever and one who does not lags behind and ultimately gets extinct. Human life and growth is no different from this rule of Nature. In life too the person who adapts himself to the changes of environment and situations stays along and emerges out being even stronger. The most important rule of adaptation is learning the new ways. So one who continuously learns the different techniques of adapting to changes of life and work, grows and stay forever. This method of which involves constantly updating oneself and learning new skills to meet the needs and changes of personal and professional life is nothing but continuous learning.
In today’s fast paced life, mere learning from school text books does not pay off. At jobs these days recruiters often ask” where do you see yourself in next years?” this question has a motive behind. It focuses on your desire to picture yourself with new skills at newer and higher positions. Companies no more invest for short-term gains. So in order to add more value make yourself an inseparable part of your company you need to continuously master new skills. With improving technologies people are using newer facilities and manners. One must keep himself updated to all new advancements related to his field or else there is no dearth of people waiting to replace them.
A major question in this regards is how to proceed in the process of continuous learning? ‘Self – Assessment and ‘Self-help’ are the two words to be kept in mind and in practice. You need to understand and estimate your weakness and then practically take an initiative and work on it. You just can’t avoid or hide it for being just too shy to ask for help.Even if it is the simplest of things or a very common thing, if you can’t, you have to access it and reach out for help. Regularly updating yourself helps your personal , professional and social life in remarkable ways as follows :
- For employees: If you are an employee it makes you aware of your competition and helps you to prepare yourself for the long run.It helps you to develop newer skills,lead from the top and who won’t value in-house employee with both experience and skill.
- For businessmen: If you are a business man, continuous learning is a must for new. Exposure to new principle and awareness of latest technologies not only helps to expand your business and increase profit, it will also help in talent recognition, setting clearer goals and providing employees with better resources.
3. For teachers: Teaching is one of the most important sector where continuous learning is very important. A teacher must be known to all recent discoveries and developments related to his subject. New methods of solving problems and new approaches to daily life issues are the backbone of the profession. Research can never develop if a guide or a teacher does not follow the practice of continuous learning religiously.
4. For doctors: A doctor should always engage himself or herself in continuous learning. Everyday with discovery of new pathogens several new diseases come to our notice. To cure those knowledge of recent where-a bouts is very important.
5.For your own : Personal life undergoes changes everyday. Generation gap between parents and children n have been an old hindrance for their bonding. With continuous learning about interests of the each others’ generation, this differences can be reduced. Also Learning about newer technologies and methodologies makes things convenient in daily life. E.g.knowledge of latest safety apps and digital money transfers makes life really easy.
6. For the society : Social life is also enriched with continuous learning. Knowledge about different communities and people help us get mixed with them. Adapting their way of life makes relocation easier. continuous learning is not a phase just to be used at your job. It is to be implemented at all aspects of life. Everyday is a new day and everyday offers something new to learn. We must be open to it all. Trust me nothing once learned ever goes wasted.