Searching for some yummy egg recipes? Which are easy as well as less time-consuming? Then you are in the right place. Eggs comprise whites and yolks. Yolks are usually yellowish, and the white part is highly proteinaceous. As a whole, eggs can give you a healthy and tasty meal. Moreover, eggs are available anywhere in the world. So let’s begin.
Dish Name: Indian Egg Curry
General Information about the dish name
- Total Time Required: 40 minutes
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Level: medium
- Cuisine: Indian
- Course: main course
List of Ingredients to make Indian egg curry
- 5 boiled eggs
- 2 to 2½ tablespoons of oil
- 2 medium-sized onions (chopped/grated/pureed)
- 2 to 3 tomatoes (finely chopped/pureed)
- 1 to 2 green chilly (according to need) chopped or slit
- 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste
- Salt as per the need
- 1 to 1½ cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped Coriander leaves
- ¼ teaspoon of Kasuri methi
- 1 to 1½ teaspoon of sugar (according to taste)
- 4 to 4½ tablespoons of cream (according to taste)
Spices for Indian egg curry
- ½ to 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon of garam masala
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon of Coriander powder
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder
Step to make Indian Egg Curry
To make the onion puree, boil the cubed onions in two cups of water for 4 to 5 minutes until it’s transparent. Drain the water and let it down for cooling. After cooling puree them in a blender.
Take a medium-sized nonstick frying pan and put it on medium flame. Then add one tablespoon of mustard oil. Let it heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
After the oil is heated, add the previously boiled eggs to the nonstick frying pan. Now, saute the eggs until they turn golden.
Remove the eggs to a plate and sprinkle some pinches of red chili powder, according to taste.
Next in the same frying pan, add a tablespoon of mustard oil, and one by one add processed onion, and green chili. Fry both of them together on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or wait until it turns golden.
Add ginger-garlic paste to the pan and saute until the raw smell goes off.
Then add the chopped tomatoes to the same frying pan and saute until the mixture turns mushy
Next, add the required spices, red chili powder, garam masala, coriander powder, turmeric powder, sugar, salt according to the taste one by one.
Fry everything in the medium flame until a nice aroma comes out and the mixture leaves the sides of the frying pan.
Pour water into the mixture as needed to make a gravy.
Stir the gravy well in medium flame until the gravy thickens and the oil begins to separate.
Take a spoon, taste the gravy to check the salt, and adjust it if required.
Next, add the previously boiled and fried eggs and Kasuri methi if using.
Step 13 (optional).
Blend 10-12 cashews with 50ml of water to smooth milk. Pour it in the same pan, cook covered in a medium flame for 2-3 minutes until the curry thickens.
Pour the curry into a clean bowl and sprinkle some coriander leaves and green chilies for garnishing.
Serve it with hot roti or you may also serve it with freshly cooked rice.
Dish name: Egg salad
General Information about Egg salad
- Total Time Required: 20 minutes
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Lunch or salad
For the salad:
- 7 to 8 hard-boiled eggs.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of finely chopped celery.
- 2 to 2½ medium-sized finely chopped onions
- 2 to 2½ tablespoons of chopped dill
- 3 to 3½ tablespoons of chopped chives.
For the dressing:
- ⅓ to ½ cups of mayonnaise (according to the taster).
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of mustard oil
- ½ teaspoons of paprika
- ½ to 1 teaspoon of salt (according to the taster).
- ⅓ to ¼ teaspoons of ground pepper.
- 1 finely minced garlic club.
Steps to make Egg Salad
Boil the eggs and let them cool for few minutes. Once cooled, peel off the hard covering and chop the eggs in medium-size and place it in a salad bowl
Add finely chopped onions, celery, dill, and chives one after the other.
In a separate clean bowl, add the dressing ingredients one by one. Stir it gently until all the ingredients mix well.
Next, add the ingredients to the salad bowl and mix it gently until coated and serve.
Enjoy it with nachos or with a cup of healthy green tea.
Dish Name: Egg Chowmein
General Information about Egg Chowmein
- Total Time Required: 22 minutes
- Preparation Time: 2 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Level: medium
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Course: Snacks or Main Course
List of ingredients to make Egg Chowmein
- 2 cakes of raw chow mein
- 2 to 3 raw eggs
- 2 medium-sized finely chopped garlic clove
- 2 to 3 green slit green chilies (according to taster)
- Pepper powder (according to taster)
- 1 to 1½ tablespoons of salt (according to taster)
- ½ to 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- Olive oil or sesame oil (according to taster)
- ½ bell pepper chopped in medium size
- 1 to 1½ finely chopped onion
- 2 finely chopped spring onion
- 1 to 1½ carrot julienne
- 1 teaspoon of soya sauce
- 2 teaspoon of tomato sauce
- ½ to 1 teaspoon of chili sauce (according to taster)
- 1-star anise (if available)
- 1 strand mace (if available)
Steps to make Egg Chowmein:
Take a vessel, place the raw chow mein in it and pour a surplus amount of water, set the burner on medium flame, and let the chow mein boil.
When the chow mein is half boiled, turn off the burner. Drain the excess water and rinse them in cold running water.
Drain in a colander and smear 1 teaspoon of olive oil to the chow mein and toss gently to avoid stickiness.
Take a clean bowl, break the eggs, and set them aside.
Heat a nonstick wok with olive oil or sesame oil (according to taster).
Next, add green chilies, star anise (optional), mace (optional), and garlic. When they start to crackle add the chopped veggies and fry them in medium flame till partially cooked to keep them crunchy.
Slide the veggies aside and reduce the heat from medium to low. Pour the eggs, scramble them gently and cook until it’s done.
Sprinkle the required amount of salt, pepper, and vinegar and stir it well.
Next, add the sauces if using and cook till they begin to bubble.
Add the half-boiled chow mein in the wok, add more salt and pepper powder if required.
Increase the flame from low to high and toss them gently for only 2 minutes.
Serve it on a plate and sprinkle some coriander leaves (if available) for garnishing.
Serve it hot and enjoy the appetizing meal with mouth-watering tomato sauce.
Try out these delicious and appetizing egg recipes, which are easy to prepare and not at all time-consuming. Make them for your loved ones and let them fall for your cooking.