Ever since the world has been hit with the deadly coronavirus, the normal life comprising of going out, eating our favorite dishes from our favorite places, watching movies in theatres, going to malls for shopping without feeling paranoid etc. has come to a halt.
If I ask you, “What is it that you miss the most about the normal life, what would your answer be?” Well, as an absolute food lover, my answer is going to be food from my favorite restaurants and cafés.
Talking about food, my love for food is not just associated with eating but with being involved in the process of cooking/baking it, so, for me, this lockdown has been an opportunity to experiment more with regular food ingredients and as a result, inventing new recipes or adding slight twists to regular dishes.
So, starting from this blog onwards, I am going to post the recipes of some of the best dishes or desserts that I have cooked or baked so far.
This blog is going to contain all the information required to make the perfect Fudgy Chocolate Brownies (one of my favorite desserts). Perfect fudgy Chocolate brownies must have a thick, chocolaty and chewy texture with a beautiful, shiny and crusty layer on the top. It took me a while to completely perfect these results and now that I have achieved that, I will mention each thing in detail so that you all can achieve the best result at the first go itself. So, let’s get started! 😊
Ingredients of Fudgy Chocolate Brownie
(sufficient to make 6 brownies [of the size shown in the image]):
- 80 gms of regular salted butter (I used the Amul salted butter)
- 100 gms of dark chocolate (I used Amul Dark Chocolate)
- 3/4th cup of all-purpose-flour
- 1/4th cup of cocoa powder
- 8-10 small drops of vanilla essence
- 1 and ½ cups of sugar (it would be better to use powdered sugar)
- 3 eggs (refrigerate them before using)
(EGG SUBSTITUTE FOR THIS RECIPE: THICK YOGHURT (1 cup) (WITHOUT ANY WATER)/ GREEK YOGHURT/ CONDENSED MILK)
Equipment Required for Fudgy Chocolate Brownie :
- A glass bowl
- A pan (1. And 2. would be used together as a double boiler)
- A rectangular glass (in case, you use a microwave) or oven pan
Fudgy Chocolate Brownie Recipe:
- Using the double boiler, melt butter and chocolate together. Once a smooth mixture is attained, take the bowl off the boiler.
- While the chocolate-butter mixture is hot, add sugar to it so that it mixes well. Whisk well for about 2 minutes.
- Next, one by one, add 3 eggs to the bowl and whisk well for about 2 minutes.
- Now, add vanilla essence and whisk again for 10-20 seconds.
- Time for the dry ingredients – sift all-purpose-flour and cocoa powder to the mixture and mix with a baking spoon. Do not overmix at this stage. Make sure to mix it gently yet well enough to leave no lumps. Also, add some chocolate chips or finely chopped chocolate to the batter and mix it again. This would give it the perfect chocolate brownie texture.
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees for 10-12 minutes. If you are using a microwave, then, pre-heat it at the convection mode (170-180 degrees) for 5-6 minutes.
- Line up a parchment/butter paper on your pan and grease it using butter. Now, add the batter to it.
- Bake for 15 minutes (in case of an oven) and for, 12 minutes (in case of a microwave)
- Now, using a toothpick, check if your brownies have cooked. The rule – your brownies are cooked if the toothpick comes out clean.
(Note: Microwaves and oven differ in heating capacity, so, it is wise to keep checking your dish from time to time.)
Also, there’s no need to add any baking soda or baking powder as that gives a cakey texture to the brownies (something that we do not want).
Voila! Your brownies are ready but wait, the important part is still left – cutting the brownies. As tempting as cutting the brownies right after taking them out the oven/microwave may seem, please wait for your pan to cool down. Post that, refrigerate your brownies for one hour.
Also Read Yummy Indian snacks recipes to try out
- Heat some water in a pan.
- Take a knife and insert its blade in the hot water.
- Using that, make the first cut.
- After making one cut, repeat the process.
The brownies are ready to be devoured! Serve with chocolate syrup and vanilla ice-cream.
Also, always microwave/heat the brownies before consuming.
PS – Don’t forget to tell me how this recipe process worked for you in the comments’ section below.
HAPPY BAKING! 😊