Relationship the word can be used in various terms. It could be a relationship with your father, mother, sister, brother or best friend for that matter. But here I am specifically talking about your relationship with your loved one – can be husband, wife or your boyfriend, girlfriend. Now we all know that, relationship never starts with reading a user manual. Before getting into a relationship no one tells us about the dos and the don’ts of it. Actually there are no certain rules or guidelines to start a relationship. You fall in love because you feel for the person.
Every love story or relationship has its ups and downs, but what is important is to stand strong through them and survive through it together. When someone else’s happiness is your happiness that is love. We all know there are no rules for relationships, but a quick read through the article won’t harm.
- Understand that men and women are different from each other – Very essential for both the sexes to understand each other and accept the way they are. Understanding and celebrating the difference will make living together more fun, peaceful and interesting. Take each other’s differences in a sporting and positive way to stay away from a messy relationship.
- Don’t waste your time in being angry – Anger is the relationship killer! You are in a relationship and I know it’s not going to be easy but all you could do is hold on to each. Don’t fall apart just because you are angry at your partner. If you are annoyed at your partner, wait – give yourself some time calm down and gently discuss about it. Thinking about the problem in a calm state of mind helps you to find a better solution.
- Stay best friends – Some of you may find it very unromantic but, those who live it find it to be the best part of the relationship. But trust me staying best friends is much more fun being in a relationship.
- Give what you want to get – Our needs change with time. It’s very simple, let’s not complicate it – if you want to feel understood by your partner – trying being more understanding. If you want to feel more love and care – try giving more.
- Do small things for each other – You don’t have to make a sweeping romantic gesture to get the spark in your relationship. I personally feel that small gestures are more meaningful than large fancy gestures. For instance, buy your partner his/her favorite snack or buy a rose that would instantly get a smile on his/her face. It’s not that difficult, try once!
- Discuss what you want in life – We all know men and women are different from each other so are their interests. Have a healthy conversation and discussion about what you want out of life – like the career goals, any specific place your partner wants to visit with you it could be any damn thing, all you got to do is talk and listen to each other.
- Apologize after a fight – We have been taught to apologize since we were kids, because apologizing won’t make you a smaller person. Also apologizing doesn’t always mean you’re wrong and the other person is right but it means that you value your relationship more than your ego.
You are now officially armed with the comprehensive routine to shape your relationship. Relationships can be extremely rewarding and a source of joy. Don’t complicate it, it is a beautiful feeling to love and to be loved. Stay happy and keep loving!