This 4 ingredients eggless oreo chocolate mousse is a super easy yet quick recipe that even kids can make for themselves, yes it’s so simple but tastes delicious. Who doesn’t like to crunch on those chocolaty yummy oreo shots with a cream-filled center sandwich between the two cookies, one of the favorites among all the kids there? The best thing about this recipe is that it requires a minimal number of ingredients to taste that good and the prep time is just about 20-25 mins.
Unlike variations with ‘Oreo’
Oreo cookies are so versatile that you can experiment with it in numerous ways. By exchanging any sort of base for your recipes such as cakes made from Oreo, Oreo ice-cream, and whatnot. It won’t be wrong if I assume that the 3 ingredient oreo cake has become the most tried deed in this lockdown period. Chilled Oreo milkshakes dressed with some ice-cubes with a drizzle of chocolate sauce all over it tastes so yum, especially in summers. Oreo fudge is another too quick and easy recipe to prepare and it melts so well inside the mouth with each bite.
Have you ever tried making oreo flavored mousse? if not then you’re absolutely at the right place. Just try out this recipe once and you will be amazed by this delicious fusion of whipped cream with Oreo.
Also Read Yummy Indian dessert recipes to try out
Mousse: Everything you need to know
A mousse is a soft and slushy side-dish with a light and airy or a thick and fluffy texture which depends on its preparation method and can be served in desserts. It first originated in France in the early 18th century and the first variation that became popular was one with chocolates. The main ingredients are whipped egg whites or whipped cream, chocolate, or any fruit puree. Though in this blog, I have brought up the egg-less variant which doesn’t make any compromise with its taste, texture, and feel. This recipe is perfect for around 6 servings. Mousses are typically chilled in the refrigerator before serving, which gives them that condensed texture.
At the moment, Let’s just dive into the recipe!
Oreo biscuits- 10 pieces
Whipping cream- ½ cup
Dark chocolate- ¼ cup
Also read Yummy Indo Chinese recipes to try out
- In a mixer grinder jar, take 10 pieces of chocolate oreo biscuits along with the chocolate cream. The cream will enhance the richness of the mousse to the next level. Grind these biscuits to a fine powder, you can also use the pulse mode of the blender for about 2 minutes.
- Now, add this fine oreo crumble out in a fresh bowl, and divide it into two parts.
- From this prepared crumble, take out about 12 teaspoons in another bowl and keep the remaining aside. We will use this as the endmost layer while assembling our mousse.
- In this, pour the melted butter all over it and give a good mix. You can use salted or unsalted butter for this whichever is available with you on time. Though it won’t make any difference in the taste. Soon, you will notice that the mixture will pile up quite well.
- Now, take 6 mousse cups ( basically regular small-sized glasses used for serving custard or pudding ) and fill around 2 teaspoons of this butter-mixed crumble in each of them. Press the oreo crumbs slightly to even it bit at the top-surface. Our first-layer of the mousse is ready, you can also keep these glasses in the fridge till you prepare the oreo-flavored whipped cream.
- Take ½ cup of chilled whipped cream in a bowl and beat it with an electric beater till you notice stiff peaks. When you flip the bowl upside down the cream remains immobile, this is the indication that the cream has been beaten perfectly and is all done. This will take around 8-10 minutes. One tip to get that perfect whipped cream is the cream must be very cold along with the beater and the bowl used for whipping. If you’re doing this in summers then I would recommend placing the bowl over another bigger bowl with some ice-cubes inside it. This will make sure that the temperature is maintained when the cream is beaten. The whipping creams are already sweetened, so I eliminated adding sugar in the recipe. If you like more sweet, then you can adjust the sweetness by adding sugar while whipping the whipped cream. Do add powdered sugar not the crystal one.
- Now add the remaining oreo crumble to this whipped cream and mix everything well with the help of a spatula.
- The next step is to fill this mixture in the piping bag. No need to worry if you do not have it, you can use a spoon or regular plastic bag to fill.
- The piping bag is ready, let’s fill up the glasses with the mousse. Fill the mousse throughout the glass leaving ¼ space at the top. Keep in the refrigerator for around 15 minutes or until the mousse fixes a bit.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chocolate glaze which will act like ‘cherry on the cake’ for our mousse. This will accompany with the oreo flavor by giving it a chocolaty hint. Take ¼ cup dark chocolate in a bowl and melt it by placing it in a double boiler. Keep on stirring the chocolate until it melts smoothly. You can also microwave it for around 10-15 secs. And your glaze is ready. It is that simple!
- Take out the mousse filled glasses from the refrigerator. After the glaze cools down, pour the melted chocolate generously all over the mousse. Add approximately 2 tsp in each of them. Again you need to refrigerate it for around 5 minutes.
- Our mousse is almost done. Garnish it with some crumbles of Oreo cookie at the top.
This dessert not only seems to be so adoring and embellishing but tastes heavenly. You can reorder the elements of the mousse as per your choice whichever way you feel it more presentable. It’s the perfect go-to dessert for a kids Birthday party or even some sort of functions or house gatherings. So, what are you waiting for? It’s time to go and impress your family and loved ones by making this delightful and piquant mousse for them.