Delhi University (DU) is a public university with a central college and provides admission to several undergraduate and postgraduate courses on the basis of the qualification of the graduate qualification/admission examination marks, under various undergraduate courses. Delhi University is one of the greatest universities in India with 77 affiliated colleges spread all across Delhi and is known for its high standards in teaching and research.
Highlights of Delhi University
- The UG, PG courses application process begins each year in May.
- Candidates from a recognized board of training who passed a higher secondary exam (Class 12) may apply for UG courses.
- Final admission to UG courses involves the screening of qualification marks.
- Candidates must apply for the university entry test for several UG courses such as B.Tech, BMS, BBA-FIA etc.
- The admit card must be available online within one week of the latest application date for the entry examination
- Anyone seeking admission to PG courses must be graduated with the minimum aggregate necessary in the relevant discipline.
The examination pattern is different for various academic programs offered by the university. For PG courses, the test is carried out on an OMR-based exam. In addition, the candidates must note that there will be no entry examination for merit-based UG courses.
Several UG (entrance based) and PG courses will take the entrance exam only. Admissions to PGDCSL are based on the combined merit of the qualification examination and personal interview.
The University of Delhi also offers BA and Postgraduate correspondence courses. DU Open Learning School (SOL) was created to serve distance learning purposes.
Also Read Let’s get to know about NEST 2019
Delhi university admission dates 2019
|UG Programs||May 15, 2019|
|PG Programs||May 18, 2019|
|PG Diploma in Cyber Security & Law||May 18, 2019|
|M.Phil / Ph.D. Program||May 22, 2019|
For under graduate admissions according to list
|Registration window||3rd Week of May, 2019|
|Publication of First Cut Off List||4th Week of June, 2019|
|Approval of Admission on the basis of first list||4th to last week of June, 2019|
|Publication of Second Cut Off List||1st week of July, 2019|
|Approval of Admission on the basis of Second List||1st week of July, 2019|
|Publication of Third Cut Off List||2nd week of July, 2019|
|Approval of Admission on the basis of Third List||2nd week of July, 2019|
|Publication of Fourth Cut Off List||3rd week of July, 2019|
|Approval of Admission on the basis of Fourth List||3rd week of July, 2019|
For post graduate admissions according to list
|Registration window||1st week of April, 2019|
|Last Date of Registration||Last week of April, 2019|
|Date of PG Exam||2nd week of July, 2019|
|Answer Key Release||2nd week of July, 2019|
|Result Declaration||1st week of August, 2019|
|Commencement of Interview||Last week of August, 2019|
Delhi university merit based admission 2019
In the month of May admittance to UG merit-based courses such as BA, B.Sc and B.Com will begin. Candidates for admission are shortlisted on the basis of marks received in the 10 + 2 qualifying exam. Students interested in the subject of non-entrance training in various affiliated universities in Delhi University can apply through an online mode for secure admission.
For applications in the UG category, applicants must register online on the official DU website by logging on to the admissions portal. After registration is successful, students can choose the course they want and apply the fees. When the application is screened, the merit list will be published by the university and shortlisted students can report with the marks sheet and other required enclosures to the respective university.
Delhi university entrance based under graduate admission 2019
The university offers various undergraduate (UG) programs based on marks obtained by DU at the entrance examination, in addition to merit-oriented training courses. Applicants seeking admission to these UG courses may submit the required fees through online payment procedures via a common web portal for centralized registration.
The entry – level UG courses application process usually begins within the second week of May and forms will take place until the first week of June. Application cards can be downloaded from the UG admission portal for the entry exam and printed out for future use
- The weightings of the Joint Admission Test (JAT) and the GD/PI in respect of BMS, BBA-FIA and BA (Economics) admission were respectively 85% and 15%.
- For B. Tech The university conducts the 2-hour, MCQ-based entrance test (IT&M) and BA (Hons) admissions from the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- The pattern of marking is as specified by the university.
- Candidate admission to B.Sc. (P.E., H.E.. & S) are made on the basis of the written examination marks and other tests performed by the Delhi University (the Fitness test, the Playing Ability Test).
Delhi University post graduate admission 2019
In addition, the university offers postgraduate courses in the arts, trade, science and other faculties / departments. The process is usually started in May, and the entry into the courses is based on marks guaranteed in the entry test run by the University of Delhi.
In Delhi University, the Institute of Cyber Security and Law offers a one year postgraduate degree course in cyber security and law (PGDCSL). The acceptance of 100 seats for Cyber Security is based on the merit of graduation and personal interview marks.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of the Bachelor’s examination are also eligible to apply.
- The cost is INR 2000 and INR 1500 (candidates of the SC / ST / PWD / CW), which consists of two half-years, with 5 subjects each and one end-of-semester project.
- The course will be held in the following semesters. The courses will take place from 9 am to 5 pm from Monday to Friday, as planned.
- The selection of PGDCSL candidates is based upon the combined merits of the examination and the interview with individuals.
- The qualification level shall be given 85 percent weightage, and the interview shall be given 15 percent weightage.
Delhi university registration process 2019
Candidates seeking admission to Delhi University courses can apply online through the official registration portal using the following steps:
- As a first-time user, the candidate navigates to the “New Applicant Sign Up” to create the user account by clicking on the “New Registration” link.
- The candidate should fill in all the necessary details under the “Create New Account” page.
- You should check their email-id and password as it will be used for the purposes of admission.
- Finally, to create a new user account, click the “Register” button.
- After the registration account is created, a confirmation will be sent to the registered email account / mobile number.
- The applicant should log in to the admission portal of UG / PG / Ph. D once registered to complete the online registration form.
- The candidate must enter “registered email-id” as username and “password” under the “Registered Applicant Sign In” tab.
The candidate must fill out the registration form divided between the following nine sections after logging in:
- Personal Details, Bank Details
- Academic Details
- Merit-Based Course Selection
- Entrance Based Course Selection
- Sports–The applicant may select “Yes” in this section to consider admission via Sports Quota.
- ECA–The applicant may select “Yes” in this section to consider admission via ECA Quota.
- Uploads–Passport size photograph, Signature, Class X certificate / marksheet, Self-tested Class XII marksheet, Sleep-tested certificates
- Preview–The online registration payment may be made by the applicant in this section.
The admission process is going to start and you must be eagerly ready to get yourself admitted