NEST is a national level exam conducted for students who want to take admission in M.sc course with basic science subjects that they have pursued in 10+2 and graduation. The students who are applying for the exam must have secured 60% marks for general category and there is a 5% rebate for students with SC, ST and other categories.
This NEST 2019 examination will be a Computer-Based Test merit result for which will be calculated on the basis of three highest scored sections including the first one.
NEST 2019 Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the NEST exam you must fit into the eligibility criteria that has been set by the selection committee
- The Candidate must be born before August 1998
- This criteria is valid for all the categories
- SC/ ST candidates are provided with an age relaxation of 5 years
- The students must have passed 10+2 from a reputed board
- Final year students can also apply for this exam
- Candidates must have Mathematics as main subject in 10+2 exam.
- Students from science stream will be given preference
- Other compulsory subjects are: physics, chemistry, biology or life science subjects.
Minimum Marks Required
- A candidate must have gained a minimum of 60% marks in the class 12th board exams
- Students from SC/ST categories will be given 5% relaxation
- Students from Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and Orissa are given a relaxation of 15%
NEST 2019 Application Fee
- NEST 2019 application fee needs to be paid in online mode during the time of submitting the duly filled application form.
- There is no option of sending a demand draft to the council for the fee.
- You must make sure that the examination fee must be paid well within time and do not forget to take a print out of the successful transaction to avoid any discrepancies.
NEST 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern below describe the entire paper in detail with subject wise explanation to make it very easy for the aspirants to grasp it and prepare accordingly
The examination will be organized at various centers all over India on June 2, 2019 and it will be a computer based test
- The language of the examination paper is in English and it has multiple choice questions only
- The total exam duration will be 3 hours in which there will be 5 sections, each of 50 marks but the general section will carry 30 marks.
- The whole question paper will be consisting of 230 marks for which there are no negative marking in General section.
NEST 2019 Syllabus
There is no specific syllabus as such that NEST 2019 follows. The content of the exam will depend broadly on the syllabus that candidates studied during their high school.
The entire exam is divided into 5 sections
- General section has 30 marks and general topic.
- Physics part consists of 50 marks and the topics for any standard twelfth board exam.
- Chemistry has50 marks entirely from class 12 level
- Biology: Covers 50 marks and the syllabus centers round life science.
- Mathematics section has 50 marks and the syllabus is from 10th standard.
NEST 2019 Counseling
The NEST 2019 counseling will begin in the month of July for which the students will be given dates and venue at least a week before. The merit list of the students is given on the official website for which you are required to check yourself and complete the formalities
There are a few important documents that the candidates are required to carry along with them to the venue of the counseling
- Mark sheets till 10+2.
- Incase candidate has already done some diploma course post 12th then the mark sheet.
- voter id card, adhar card, bank pass book, LIC policy document, ration card or any other government address proof
- Driving license, pan card, voter id card, adhar card, 10+2 admit card or any other document issued by Government of India authority for identity proof
- In case of SC and ST candidates government certificate for class category is essential to submit.
- Candidates need to carry minimum three passport sized photos with themselves.
The counseling session is conducted in two ways: group discussion and personal interview
- In personal interview candidates are mentally prepared for the course they are aspiring.
- Since it is a five-year integrated course so students need to really focus on their real aspiration towards a specific course.
How to fill the application form?
The exam form is available on the official website of the exam all you need is to follow the given steps to fill the form successfully
- Loin to the official website of the exam and login with your email id and username
- Click on the link ‘Apply Online’ link on NEST 2019 website to reach the online application page on/after January 01, 2019.
- Enter all your required information asked on the form
- Candidates will then receive an email at the email id provided by them, containing a link to confirm the registration.
- After confirmation, provide the same email id & password, enter the OTP and click on ‘Login’ in the window.
- Finish all the steps and submit the form
After successful submission you will receive an email in which the details will be mentioned. If required you can also take out a print out of the same
NEST 2019 Exam Center
- The allotted Exam Center will be indicated on the NEST Admit Card.
- Candidates must choose 5 centres in order of their preference while filling up of the application form.
- The exam centres are allotted by the examination society and cannot be changed once done.
- Students are made to reach the venue at least 30 minutes before time
The big day is coming near and you must be all set with your preparation. Stop worrying and hit the bull’s eye with full confidence to get the best result.
Previous NEST Exam Question papers/Answers
2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011/A • 2012/A • 2013/A • 2014/A • 2015/A
2016/A • 2017/A • 2018 Source of Question papers