Walking is a great habit that can be done with ease. It provides basic benefits to all the age-groups. In addition, it provides specific benefits to every age. For instance, it helps old people with heart-related problems. It includes several physiological, psychological and emotional benefits for all.
From a very long period, it has remained a simple form of exercising. In other words, it is an ancient form of practice which is, completely undervalued. Above all, it is not only an exercise but a powerhouse for the body and soul. It enables one to recharge their energies and boost their mood. Hence, it is not less than an important food for all of us.
Our bodies were never made to be stuck at one place, nor were our minds. The free flow of energy is what they demand. In today’s world of rush and technology, it is common to neglect a free opportunity like “walking”. However, it is important for us to understand how necessary it is, for our health.
Here are some points to brief down the importance, benefits and advantages of walking!
WALKING ALONG WITH THE NATURE
- Nature is the constant companion of a human. With the time moving and people coming and going, nature has always remained here.
- We all are aware of how important it is. Moreover listing all the benefits it provides us with, can go a long way.
- The main essence of walking is its ability to reconnect us with the nature. Walking provides us a means to realise the beauty and value of nature.
- It is able to help our soul form a relation with the most powerful source(nature).
- Not only does it help us spiritually, but also, in terms of health. This is a lesser known fact but watching greenery can improve our eyesight. (YES, IT IS TRUE!) It is very soothing and relaxing for our eyes and hence, improves our health.
- Moreover, connection with nature leads to positive and happy feelings(straight out facts!). However, it is less-known how important contact with nature, is. READ: THE MAGIC OF NATURE
- With all the schedules and routines of our lives, we hardly take time for this. It is not at all right to neglect such an important part. Hence, walking is the best thing to do.
- Walking would help you to stay fit; mentally and physically. Also, connect you with the nature beautifully at the same time!
- It would help you in many aspects and all you have to do is step out of your home.
FREE FREE FREE!
- Our lives is in our hands. As it is said and even done, we make our own routine and schedule. Then, why not add walking to it when it has multiple benefits and costs NOTHING!
- Walking is a free gift provided to us. It requires nothing extra and no monetary prerequisites. All one has to do, is dress-up, wear shoes and start walking.
- There are many exercises that many people indulge in, but most of them require equipment. However, while walking, you need nothing. It is the most simple form of an exercise.
- Walking is very underrated and needs to be valued.
- In today’s world everybody has made coffee or tea their source of refreshment. The power of walking needs to be understood. It is to refresh the mind and the body as it provides a certain space, freedom and time. Hence, it is better to go out for a morning walk than be caffeinated.
- Moreover, it is far more better to go for a daily walk than to pay for your gym and not visit it! Hence, it proves out to be the most economical and beneficial exercise!
- Everybody get the craving to have some ME-TIME and what could be better than going on a solo-walk?
- Firstly, it provides one with a lot of space and hence, one can introspect or relax, not thinking about anything.
- Secondly, in many ways, it provide an openness which helps to re-think about things in a spacious environment(mind and body). For instance, if there is some work related problem and you have been stuck with the thought for a long time. Going out for a walk can actually help in coping up with the stress and the problem. It will give you a wider area to think and in no time, you would be coming up with a solution!
- Thirdly, it has the byproduct of creativity. Yes, it does. Whenever you are walking, you will notice a steam of new ideas in your mind. It is because of the fact that there is a free flow of thoughts in your mind. Hence, it enables one to be more productive.
- It boosts your energy and at the same time, improves your mood.
- At times when there is a huge rush of emotions or any strong emotion disturbing any one, walking is beneficial.
- Also, regular walks help to keep a balance between various emotions and take care of our energy levels, as well.
- Mental Health problems are increasing but at the same time, are being recognised and treated more.
- Many a time, overthinking can be a major cause for issues like anxiety or depression. A person who regularly walks can slowly, regulate their over-flowing thoughts.
- Walking helps to cope up with stress caused by anxiety and also, re-energizes the mind.
- Even if one is walking alone in a society, it helps to reduce the symptoms of social withdrawal. Not only this, a simple and slow walk can do wonders when you are at a state of over-thinking!
- If you are having trouble sleeping, walking can help you relax! Moreover, people with insomnia should walk regularly. Walking helps a lot as a stress-buster and balances our hormones, as well.
- It is also said that walking leads to addition of days into our lives, so why not try it?
- Intense and continuous workouts can be tough at times. In case, you are taking a break from them, it is always better to use walks as a substitute.
- Whenever there is a talk about exercises, a walk is never brought into the conversation which needs to be changed. Walking really helps to remain fit. Even if, you walk thirty minutes daily, it actually works! It is just about taking out some time and being consistent.
- It helps to tone the leg muscle, especially the thigh area. So, for the ones who are willing to make walking a regular exercise, be consistent. You can also keep a tracker and increase the distance and time, slowly.
- Even if you choose to just walk a shorter distance, you can always pause and stretch in between. Stretching, again, is another good exercise.
- Walking energizes your body by increasing the oxygen levels, while your breathing increases.
- It is also beneficial for people with joint pain. In addition, it helps to regulate, blood sugar, blood pressure, mood and even the immune system. Also, it contributed in reduction of coronary heart related disease.
- It is very healing for your mind and body. Hence, helps to be fit!
WALKING MAKES US REACH A PLACE OF PEACE AND CALMNESS…
Also, it gives you a reason to step out of your house and enjoy the weather, if you have not the entire day!
Try to choose walks over cars or bikes whenever a short distance has to be traveled. If you are a person who is trying to put it into your routine, start with shorter duration! Go out for a ten-fifteen minutes of walk and keep increasing the duration as and when you feel comfortable.
Stay safe, hydrated and always, wear comfortable footwear while walking.
OTHER SOURCES: Walking: Your steps to health