Chocolate lovers know how mesmerising the world of their favourite sweet, is. Above all, their sweet is not only a food item for them but, a mood. People often term it as a hug. The addicts know how much they enjoy that first bite of their favourite sweet. Also, how much they want to go to a chocolate place like A CHOCOLATE FACTORY! (who knows one day, Willy Wonka might give you a tour).
Chocolates feel heavenly at times. Have you ever pondered upon how it is made?
To know the procedure, check: CHOCOLATE MAKING PROCESS.
Every thing has some benefits and some drawbacks. Nothing is good in excess. Similarly, chocolates have their own! However, there are several less-known facts about this sweet. Here is a brief list of some amazing facts about them!
- International Chocolate Day is on 7th July, every year. Its other name is World Chocolate Day. Above all, the lovers enjoy this day to the fullest and there is no guilt!
- The first cacao trees were in the Amazon River basins. Moreover, these trees have a long life span. Theobroma cacao (cacao tree) means “food of the gods.” In addition, Cocoa butter (a natural fat) is a by-product of crushing cacao beans. It is used in skin products and cosmetics because of its creamy texture.
- Cacao has many health benefits with chemicals like flavonoids and theobromine. It takes approximately 400 cacao beans to make one pound of this sweet!.
- Chocolate milk was invented in Jamaica. Moreover, it is an effective post-workout recovery drink.
- To promote its new Wonka Bar candy, Quaker Oats financed the film “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory”. Moreover, gallons of water mixed with chocolate and cream made the famous river from the film. However, the river spoiled fairly quickly and even, started to stink.
- Darker the chocolate, more is the content of caffeine in it.
- The International Cocoa Organisation estimated that Brit, Swiss and German eat about 11 Kilograms of chocolates, a year.
- Importantly, this heavenly sweet acts as an anti-depressant by increasing serotonin and endorphin levels in the brain.
- White Chocolate is not a chocolate, actually! (Read the types and you would know, why!)
- Above all, anything other than chocolate itself, cannot satisfy its cravings. (IT IS A PROVEN FACT!)
TYPES AND A BRIEF DESCRIPTION ABOUT THEM!
Chocolates have no standard or uniform taste. They differ with the different amounts of cocoa solids. In addition, when a craving arises, a person NEEDS TO HAVE THEIR KIND OF CHOCOLATE at the moment. Different types have their own taste and essence. Here is a brief description of the three broad types!
- Firstly, dark chocolate is made from cocoa solids and contains cocoa butter and sugar but, no milk solids.
- Secondly, it has a dry texture because there are no milk chunks present in it.
- Thirdly, it is less sweet as compared to other types. In addition, it has a bitter after-taste.
- Importantly, it is the most healthiest type! It provides many health benefits, like:
- remove toxins, that can cause various diseases, because it has antioxidants.
- stimulates brain by helping blood flow freely in different areas of the brain.
- has anti-diarrhea effects and anticancer properties.
- helps people with dementia.
- reduces the risk of cardiac attacks and different heart related problems.
- Moreover, it is recommended if you are on the track of maintaining diet. It contains less carbohydrates. So, it can be the best sweet in your low-carb diet.
- Also, it has been studied that dark chocolates help lowering the Blood Pressure.
- It is beneficial to prefer dark over other types because it has lower amounts of fats and cholesterol.
- The different forms of dark chocolates are sweet, semi-sweet, bittersweet or unsweetened.
- Therefore, they should be preferred because of their positive health benefits. However, people who are sensitive to caffeine should avoid them.
- Firstly, white chocolate is made with cocoa butter, milk solids, sugar or any sweetener but, no cocoa solids.
- Secondly, it has a buttery and smooth texture because of the presence of milk solids and cocoa butter.
- Thirdly, it is sweeter than the dark one. It has a lot of sugar and no real taste of chocolate.
- Importantly, it cannot be called chocolate because the cocoa solids are absent or in low amounts.
- It lacks many health benefits as compared to the dark ones. This is because, there is no cocoa solid present.
- However, it is able to provide a few benefits, like:
- It contains good amount of calcium which is useful for the bones. This is because of the milk solids present.
- In addition, it is caffeine-free. People with caffeine-related problems, should prefer this.
- It does not have theobromine (present in cocoa) so, it cannot harm animals if they consume it.
- In conclusion, it has the benefits of the milk-component but the absence of cocoa one. In addition, it also contains loads of sugar and fat.
- Firstly, it has cocoa solids, butter, milk and sugar. In addition, it has condescend milk.
- Secondly, it has the same creamy texture as the white one.
- Thirdly, it is sweet because of the presence of sugar and milk component.
- The only major difference between milk and white chocolate, is the cocoa-solids.
- Importantly, it has good amount of protein and calcium because of the milk-solids. However, dairy fat is more than in the dark ones.
- Milk ones should be preferred over white ones since they are more health-beneficial.
Chocolates add fun and sweetness to occasions, moods and relations.
Moreover, nowadays it has become an essence of many celebrations like Raksha Bandhan. These three broad categories have many types and variations within them. We get additions of flavours like fruit and nut, caramel, crunch or any other, to our type. Moreover, it should always be taken in limited quantities because excess of anything is bad.
If you need a hug…Money cannot buy happiness. However, one can buy chocolates. So, why not?
Check the benefits and drawbacks of this sweet, here.