This recipe of Chocolate Banana Cake is super quick and easy to make yet tastes delicious and spectacular. This serves as a perfect munch for your tea-time snacks and the kids will just love having them. This cake turns out to be so moist, soft, and rich that you can even store it for a few days and enjoy it subtly. It can be made in two variants, one is eggless and the other is with eggs. Though I have mentioned the instructions for both of these. You can top this Chocolate Banana chunk with some chopped almonds or walnuts or berries which will give that ideal crunch to the fluffy and moist sponge.
You will enjoy having it, not only it is easy to make and a perfect evening snack for your family, but it is also healthy and quick. This cake can be made much healthier by replacing refined flour with the wheat flour and sugar with jaggery. You have to make sure that use the ripe bananas only. The riper they are, the better they would turn out while baking. This bewildering fusion of banana with cocoa powder gives that richness, with uniqueness to this recipe.
The best part about this recipe is that you just need a blender to mix all the wet ingredients. No need of using an electric beater or a wire whisk to mix the wet ingredients. You must follow every step as given in the recipe appropriately if you want to get that anticipated result which I am talking about. As baking is all about measurements, temperature, and timings so you must stick to these factors as mentioned below.
Now, let’s have a look into the ingredients you would need to make this appetizing chocolate banana chunk.
Ingredients for making Chocolate Banana Cake
- Eggs- 2 (substitute ½ cup Curd or Condensed Milk)
- Oil- ⅓ cup
- Icing or Powdered Sugar- ½ cup
- Ripe Banana- 2
- Refined Flour- 1 cup
- Cocoa Powder- 2 Tbsp
- Baking Powder- 1 Tsp
- Baking Soda- ½ Tsp
- Warm Milk- ¼ cup
- Vanilla Essence- 1 Tsp
- Chopped almonds/walnuts- 1/4 cup
Preparing the Kadhai or Oven
No need to worry if you don’t have an oven. You can bake this cake in a heavy bottom Kadhai or pan whichever you have. Put some salt or sand (around 1 cup) at the bottom of the Kadhai. This will regulate the temperature evenly inside the Kadhai while baking. Then put a stand of steel or aluminum over the salt. Place it carefully at the center. Next, cover the Kadhai with a lid.
You have to preheat this Kadhai for 10 minutes. 5 mins on high flame and then rest of the 5 mins on medium flame.
If you’re baking this in Oven, then preheat your oven for 10 mins at 180℃.
Preparing the mix for the Chocolate Banana cake
- Take a blender jar, to it add 2 eggs (both egg white and the yolk), refined oil, powdered sugar, and 2 ripe bananas cut into pieces. If you’re making it eggless, then add ½ cup of sour curd or ½ cup of condensed milk in place of eggs. The curd or the condensed milk will give somewhat the same soft and light texture to the cake sponge as the egg does. In place of refined oil, you can even use ⅓ cup of unsalted butter. If you want to avoid using sugar, replace it with jaggery. Moreover, you can adjust the sweetness as per your taste.
- Mix all of them in the blender until smooth.
- Take the wet mix out in a bowl. Next, place a strainer over the bowl. It’s very necessary to strain all the dry ingredients before mixing it with the wet one to avoid any lumps in the cake batter.
- Now to the strainer, add 1 cup of refined powder, 2 tbsp of cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda as per the measurements mentioned in the ingredients. Strain all the dry elements in the bowl.
- Take a spatula and mix all of them gently in a cut-and-fold method. This will incorporate more air into the cake mix which will make the sponge light in texture. Mix until all the dry and wet ingredients are blended well. While mixing, you need to take care that there should not be any lumps remaining in the cake batter.
- Next, add ¼ cup of warm milk in the mix it, to give it a ribbon-like consistency. This will make sure the cake will bake evenly and will also dive a lighter texture to your sponge.
- Lastly, add 1 tsp of vanilla essence. Give a firm mix until smooth and your cake batter is ready to be bake.
Preparing the cake tin
For this, take an aluminum cake tin of around 7 inches in diameter. Thoroughly grease it with some oil or melted butter, then place a butter paper/ parchment paper on the bottom surface of the tin. Again, brush it with some oil or butter over the paper.
Your baking tin is now ready.
Pouring the cake mix to the greased tin
Pour the prepared cake mix to the cake tin. Next, do add some chopped nuts or choco chips of your choice on the top. Tap it a bit on your counter surface to exhale any air bubbles if any. Your cake is ready to be bake now. Remove the lid from the preheated Kadhai, be careful doing this as Kadhai will be very hot at this point. Place the cake tin over the stand. Take care that the cake tin is not in touch with the Kadhai. Cover the lid.
Let it bake for about 35 – 45 mins. First 10 mins on medium flame and the rest on low flame. Yes, it will take some extra time to bake as compared to the oven. Though you can check it after 30-35 mins, but not before that otherwise the cake will not rise well.
For the oven, place the cake tin inside the preheated oven for 30 – 35 mins.
Also read Japanese Cheese Cake Recipe
The finishing move
After 35 – 45 mins, check with a toothpick by inserting it at the center of the cake. If it comes clean, then your cake is ready. Take out the cake tin in a wire hack. Cool it properly for around 1 hour by covering the top surface with a cloth.
After 1 hour, scrape the edges of the cake to loosen it a bit. Demould the cake on a serving plate by turning the tin upside down. Do tap 2-3 times, it will come out smoothly.
Remove the baking paper and again flip the cake to its top part.
Your yummy Chocolate Banana cake is ready to be served. Cut it into slices and enjoy.
Do make an effort to this delicious appetizing Chocolate Banana combo. You will love its rich, chocolaty flavor with a mild essence of banana and the crunchiness of nuts. The chocolate sponge turns out to be so soft and moist that you can feel it with every bite you take. You can even top it with some white or dark choco chips to give that crumbliness to your cake. Or can even dust some powdered sugar on the top. Thoughtfully, you can just have it right like that, there is no need of frosting this cake with some buttercream or whipped cream. The simpler you have it, the tastier it perceives.