WBJEE 2020 is almost here and there is so much you need to know to make sure you succeed in your attempts. The following article gives an insight into all the details about the WBJEE 2020 Examination.
About WBJEE 2020
WBJEE is the abbreviated form of the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination. The examination, WBJEE, comes under the control of the state government, and it is a centralized test. The examination every year, is conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board. The purpose of the examination is to admit students in several government and private engineering colleges located in the state of West Bengal.
Let us explore WBJEE 2020: Application Form, Dates, Eligibility Criteria and more
WBJEE in the near future will be conducted for the academic session 2020-2021. The examination shall be conducted for undergraduate admissions in the Engineering and Technology, Architecture and Pharmacy Universities, and Government Colleges. The results of the examination will also be applicable in case one desires to be admitted in a Self-Financed College or Institute of the State.
Also read IELTS, what! Why! and how?
WBJEE 2020 Dates
The following table comprises of all the important dates that the students wishing to sit for the examination need to make note of:
|Online form filling window opens||18th October, 2019|
|Last date to fill the form and payment of fee||13th November, 2019|
|Last date to download the confirmation page||14th-16th November, 2019|
|Window open to correct the application form||14th-16th November, 2019|
|Release of Admit Card||27th January, 2020|
|Examination Date||2nd February, 2020|
|Answer Key release||February 2020|
|Last date to challenge the Answer key||February 2020|
|Publishing of the recorded responses||February 2020|
|Last date to apply for Review||February 2020|
|Final Answer Key publish||February 2020|
|Declaration of Results||March 2020|
|Counselling begins||April 2020|
The students are hereby informed that the board is still to release any confirmed dates for the answer key release, and other procedures up to the dates for the beginning of the counselling sessions. Only tentative dates have been released. Therefore, the students are requested to keep themselves updated regarding the dates and for any changes in the dates for the procedures for completion of the examination.
WBJEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria for appearing in the exam before they decide to sit for the examination. Students are advised to keep a check on the following criteria when they decide to sit for the examination:
- The student applying for the examination should be a citizen of India.
- The student applying to get admission through this examination should not be less than 17 years of age as on 31st December 2020.
- If the student wishes to be admitted to the Marine Engineering program, his/her age should be between 17-25 years of age as on 31/12/2020.
- The students who are appearing for their last year of the qualifying exam are also eligible to give WBJEE 2020.
- The student should have passed in his/her 10+2 level of exams or any other exam that is its equivalent and is recognized under the State and the Central Government Board.
- The students applying for WBJEE 2020 should have passed in their 10+2 level examinations in Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects. Thus, for one of the optional subjects, they can choose either of these: Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Computer Science/ Computer Application.
- The students appearing for the examination should have passed the 10+2 level examinations with a minimum of 45 percent aggregate marks (40 percent in case of students with reservation). They also should have a minimum of 30 percent marks in English.
- The eligibility of the student is verified with the university and the board when the student appears for counseling.
- If the student qualifies in the merit rank after appearing for the examination but fails to meet the eligibility and the verification stands false, his/her application shall be canceled.
Also read Competitive exams for studying abroad
WBJEE 2020 Application Form
Given below are the steps to register and fill the application form and complete the registration process:
- When one visits the official website, the application form appears on the screen.
- You need to enter all your essential details such as the personal details of address, contact number, qualification, and other in the application form.
- Once you have finally submitted all your details, you will receive an Email/SMS that would comprise the application number that has been generated.
- Make sure that the photograph and the signature have been uploaded in the specified section and area.
- Once you have completed the process of form filling, you also need to complete the fee payment process. The fee can be paid through online or offline mode.
- Once you are done with this as well, you need to download the confirmation page for later use.
- You need to keep in mind that when you are filling the form, an extra application fee shall be charged.
- This application fee is Rupees 700 for the General category students. However, for the SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B students it is Rupees 500.
- This application fee may be paid by using net banking/ credit card/ debit card.
- The students also need to pay Rupees 500 as the registration fee at the time of counselling.
Points to remember while filling the application form:-
- The application forms are available only online, and submission of more than one application shall lead to the cancellation of the student’s candidature.
- The photograph and the signature that needs to be scanned and uploaded should be in JPEG format.
- In the case of the photograph, the size of the image should be between 3KB to 100KB. However, for signature, it should be between 3KB to 30KB.
- No corrections shall be permitted in any way after the last date of the form correction.
- In conclusion, the students should make sure that they take a print of the confirmation page for future requirements.
WBJEE 2020 Admit Card
Those students who would succeed in filling the application form on time will be getting the admit card after that. The admit card will be available for download on the official website. It is necessary to carry the admit card at the time of counselling. In case the students won’t have a valid admit card, they won’t be allowed to enter the examination hall. Following are a few instructions for the students with regard to the admit card:
- The students need to click on the ‘WBJEE 2020 Admit Card’ option from the notice section.
- The students then need to enter the application number, password, and pin to login. Once that is done, the students can check their admit cards.
- Take the print out of the admit card and make sure you have it till the time you have been admitted to the institution because it shall be required then.
- Duplicate admit cards shall be available and only till the date of the examination.
- All the students should make sure that the admit cards that have not been folded/ soiled/ distorted in any way otherwise they will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
WBJEE 2020 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
WBJEE 2020 is an OMR-based examination which shall be conducted through offline mode. The total duration of the examination is 2 hours, and there will be a total of 2 papers in the examination. Paper-I will be a Mathematics paper comprising of a total of 75 questions. On the other hand, Paper-II will be of Chemistry and Physics comprising of a total of 40 subjects each. The question paper is based on the MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) exam patterns.
The syllabus of the WBJEE 2020 exam can be checked and downloaded at the official website of the examination. The official website has the syllabus for all the subjects Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in detail. Thus, we advise the students to visit the website.
The topics under the Physics paper include Laws of Motion, Gravity, Viscosity, Properties of Solids and Liquids, etc. The topics under the Chemistry paper include Chemical Bonding in Organic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry and Equilibrium, and the Halogen Derivate. The topics in the Mathematics paper include Algebra, Complex Numbers, Sets, Relation and Mapping, Vectors, Trigonometry, and others.
WBJEE 2020 Counselling Process
The Counselling Process for the WBJEE 2020 examination will begin with the allotment of the location to conduct the counselling. This will begin from April 2020, and proper on-site counseling will be from June 2020. However, the counseling for the WBJEE 2020 for the fee method, and the final seat allotment will be done by the e-counseling method. When the students appear for counselling then the seat allotment shall be done on the basis of the opening and closing ranks of the WBJEE 2020 examination.
For any other query, you can check out the official website of the WBJEE 2020 Examination:
WBJEE Previous year Question papers
WBJEE-2019 Physics & Chemistry
WBJEE-2018 Physics & Chemistry
WBJEE-2017 Physics & Chemistry
WBJEE-2016 Physics & Chemistry
WBJEE-2015 Physics & Chemistry