All you need is 5 ingredients and 15 minutes for this super delicious dessert paired with a quick and simple chocolate sauce dipping. Each bite of these little eggless churros brings a burst of flavors in your mouth. Crispy outside with slightly tender inside, coated with sugar and cinnamon, this popular Spanish dessert tastes just heavenly. Especially when cherished with a semi-sweet chocolate dipping.
Churros conventionally known as Mexican fritters adds up to one of those authentic Mexican desserts that recently landed in the Indian subcontinent. It’s a super easy recipe that just needs some minimal easily available ingredients. But despite that, you need to follow the proper proportions and the steps that are specified in the recipe to make your own perfect homemade eggless Churros. And of course, you can’t skip the semi-sweet chocolate sauce dipping. This is something that fits as the best combo you can ever have to relish upon with these tempting crunchy tender Churros.
Anyway, this one is the tried and tested recipe that has given me the superb result when I made this dessert the first time. And here I’m sharing with you the secret to make your own best-ever eggless Churros right at your home.
- Water- 1 cup(240 ml)
- Salted Butter- 2 Tsp
- Sugar- 1 Tsp
- All-purpose flour- ¾ cup
- Cooking oil as required for frying
For the coating
- Some organic sugar/powdered sugar
- Cinnamon powder- ½-1 Tsp
For Chocolate Sauce
- Dark compound chocolate- ¼ cup
- Milk- 2 Tbsp
- Melted Butter- 1 Tsp
For making the eggless Churros
- Firstly, will make the flour mixture for the Churros. For that, take 1 cup of water in a pan and add 2 Tsp of salted butter to it. Keeping the flame at low add 1 Tsp of sugar and bring this to a boil. You don’t need to add more sugar at this stage because later the fried churros will get coated with the mix of some powdered sugar and cinnamon. On top of this, there’s a semi-sweet chocolate sauce just around the corner to be paired up with.
- Next, add ¾ cup of all-purpose four/maida and immediately stir it. At this time, you need to keep the flame at low or the temperature of your induction to low. Or you may even switch off the flame, and give this flour mixture a good mix until there are no lumps left. Try to use a wired-whisk for this, it will be much easier for you. This step needs a little bit of extra effort, be patient, and combine the flour mix well.
- Let this mixture cool down and soon you’ll notice that it has come together somewhat like a soft dough. That’s the reason you don’t need to cook it a lot otherwise it would become very stiff and you will find it much more difficult to work with it.
Piping the Churros
- After the flour-mixture cools a bit, you need to transfer it to a piping bag. To pipe the churros you can use any medium-sized star nozzle. In case, you do not have any nozzle kind of stuff suitable to make Churros, you can simply skip it and pipe the Churros directly out of the piping bag.
- Now, take a plate and lined it thoroughly with some oil. Well, you can directly drop the churros right away from the piping bag to the hot oil. But, I suggest if you’re making it for the first time, to make it much simpler, just pipe the Churros over a lined plate and then while deep-frying drop them one by one.
- Next, fry the piped Churros in some hot oil for 2-3 mins by keeping the flame at high. However, while dropping the churros you can keep the flame at high for a few seconds or a min and then increase the flame. Because if you fry these at medium flame for a longer period, these wouldn’t be soft or tender inside. They will become crisp throughout.
- Once they turn golden, take the Churros out in a sieve with a tissue paced over it. Similarly, you need to fry the rest of the piped Churros. Your homemade eggless Churros are ready, crisp on the outside yet tender from within.
Coating up the Churros
To coat the Churros, take some organic/castor/powdered sugar on a plate. Add an additional ½-1 Tsp of cinnamon powder to it and give it a good mix.
Coat all the fried Churros with the sugar-cinnamon mix from top to bottom thoroughly. You can have them right away, it tastes awesome but, dipping these delicious crunchies with the chocolate sauce, take this dessert to the next level.
For making the semi-sweet chocolate sauce
Finally, will make the super quick and simple semi-sweet chocolate sauce. For that in a microwave-safe bowl, take ¼ cup of roughly chopped dark compound chocolate. To it add 2 Tbsp of milk and microwave this for 30 secs and then give it a good mix. Next, add 1 Tsp of melted butter and again stir everything well. You can use salted or unsalted butter for this. Do not skip this as the butter will give a smooth texture plus a nice shine to the chocolate sauce.
You can use a double boiler to melt the dark chocolate instead of the oven. Well if you do not have dark compound chocolate to make this sauce, do not worry as you can even replace this with some readymade easily available chocolate syrup. You just need to warm it up a bit and serve it with the crispy fried Churros.
Well, your super delicious Churros, crunchy from outside and tender from within along with the rich hot chocolate sauce is ready to be served. Enjoy!
What’s there to read next Cafe Style Cold Coffee in 3 Different Ways | Super Refreshing, And Delicious