Are you interested in a career that’s fast-paced, ever-changing, and ripe with potential for advancement? Then consider a career in digital marketing, even if you lack experience. Digital marketing is one of those rare fields that have so many facets to it and changes so fast that experience is not necessarily a requirement for landing a job.
Knowledge is needed, of course, and inherent skills such as creativity, eagerness to learn, analytical ability, and being a team player are all plusses for anyone entering this field. But a newbie can get started without a marketing degree and go on to do quite well in this field.
What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing is selling your products and services though internet, mobile phones, display advertising or any other digital media.
With everything going online the number of buyers and sellers is increasing and thus digital marketing is coming as the latest course that is creating a much interest of the youth.
Digital marketing has so many parts to it and with those parts constantly changing as technology develops and consumer tastes evolve that it’s almost impossible to list every aspect of the field, but some of the key components include:
- Marketing automation
- Email marketing
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Search engine marketing
- Content marketing
- Web analytics
- Growth hacking
The current market status of Digital Marketing shows that it is at its peak, and is going to stay so for obvious reasons. According to Payscale.com, the average salary package of a digital marketing manager is Rs 5 lakh to Rs 6 lakh annually, as of 2019. Professionals with experience earn in the range of Rs. 15- 25 Lakh.
Digital marketing syllabus
Before opting for Digital Marketing course, candidates must get an idea of what they would study once they get enrolled in course.
|Digital marketing fundamentals|
|What is digital marketing|
|Understanding marketing skills|
|Inbound and outbound marketing|
|Website planning and structure|
|Core objective of website and flow|
|Strategic design of homepage|
|Call to action|
|Facebook marketing fundamentals|
|Profiles and Pages|
|Creating Facebook Pages|
|Pin Post and Highlights|
|Ban User on Facebook Page|
|Page Info and Settings|
|Google analytics and webmaster tools|
|Integrating WebMaster Tool|
|Setting up Tool for SEO|
|Developing Intelligence Report|
|Integration with website|
|LinkedIn, Twitter and Pinterest|
|Creating LinkedIn Account|
|Designing Profile and Summary|
|Creating LinkedIn Company Page|
|Creating Showcase Pages|
|Running Paid Campaigns|
Digital Marketing Jobs and Top Companies
In recent years, Digital Marketing has gained immense popularity and today it is one of the most sought after career options. As every business is moving to the digital platform, it is expected that more jobs will be created in the Digital Marketing and the demand for trained professional will grow manifold. According to payscale.com, currently the starting salary of a Digital Marketing Manager is Rs 4 lakh and upwards in India.
Some of the top Digital Marketing jobs and their profiles are given below:
- Market Research Analyst: The job ofa market research analyst is to study the conditions of the market & observes the possibility of sale of a service or product. These analysts gather data on consumer demographics, preferences, needs & buying habits and help companies understand about the sale of its products & services. The starting salary of Market Research Analyst is Rs 3.5 lakh and upwards.
- Content Marketer/Manager: A content marketer’s job is to create original and engaging content and promote the same on digital platforms in an organic way. The content marketer is also responsible for ensuring that the online content is search engine optimized. The starting salary of Content Marketer/Manager is Rs 6.75 lakh and upwards.
- Digital Marketing Consultant: The responsibilities of a digital marketing consultant includes overseeing SEO projects, web designing, social media promotion, and overseeing advertising campaigns. The starting salary of Digital Marketing Consultant is Rs 5 lakh and upwards.
- Conversion Rate Optimizer: A conversion rate optimizer manages the key conversion points in marketing, manages and optimizes landing pages increases conversion rates, and optimizes lead-to-customer conversion rate.
- SEO Manager/Professional: An SEO Manger is responsible for developing and implementing adequate search engine optimization (SEO) strategies and activities like pay-per-click (PPC) marketing, and social media. The starting salary of SEO Manager/Professional is Rs 4 lakh and upwards
- Social Media Manager: A social media manager is expected to manage social media campaigns, increase the brand’s presence on social networking sites, build a network of social media influencers, post and comment on relevant blogs, engage in online conversations and attend to customer feedbacks and queries. The starting salary of Social Media Manager is Rs 4 lakh and upwards
- PPC Search Manager: A person who is passionate about internet marketing and has the ability to think creatively can become a PPC Search Manager. It is imperative for a PPC manager to adapt to new business types quickly and apply the knowledge to marketing initiatives that can eventually help in achieving client goals. The starting salary of PPC Search Manager is Rs 5 lakh and upwards
- SEO Executive: A SEO executive conducts on-site and off-site analysis of the SEO competitors of its clients. On-site and off-site SEO strategies are created alongside a detailed keyword research. Also, optimum use of Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is done and attention is paid to any significant change in Google algorithm. The starting salary of SEO Executive is Rs 4 lakh and upwards
- Email Marketer: The main responsibilities of an email marketer includes identifying the target audience and growing the email list. An email marketer’s responsibility also includes designing and implementing direct email marketing campaigns, proof-reading emails, ensuring mobile-friendly email templates, writing newsletters, upgrading email templates using graphics, personalization and advanced features. Ensuring prompt and accurate communication with clients is also a part of an email marketer’s job. The starting salary of Email Marketer is Rs 4 lakh and upwards.
Best places to study digital marketing
There are a lot of institutes that are offering digital marketing as a full fleged course or short term crash course. Let’s take a quick look on some top institutes that one must enroll in to learn this course
Founded in 2009 Digital Vidya has done more than 250 training programs with more than 6,000 participants so far.
When it comes to digital marketing training in India, Digital Vidya is the market leader. They are also the official training partners for Google India. They have 8 certification courses available as of now. If you are just getting started, CDMM – Certified Digital Marketing Master Course should be your preference. CDMM is their flagship course. The cost of this program is Rs.49,900 + Service tax.
Marketing courses training academy
MCTA is a leading Digital Marketing training institute with Centers in Ghatkopar, Mumbai & Vashi, Navi Mumbai providing Executive Program in Digital Marketing & Diploma Program in Digital Marketing to individuals aspiring to become Digital Marketing Professionals.
They have so far trained 7000+ students, 10+ industry best faculties on board, 3 state-of-art centers, and have successfully placed 80% of students in the Digital Marketing Industry.
NIIT digital marketing
NIIT is a very well known training institute in India. NIIT was one of the first institutes to launch a comprehensive digital marketing training program in India in 2012.
They have partnered with the Digital Marketing Institute from Ireland for the content and course materials. You will be getting the certification from Digital Marketing Institute.
Their training is not offered online. You have to be physically present at one of their training centres. There are more than one hundred NIIT learning centres in over 30 cities in India. But, the lead instructor will not be physically present.
With the world focusing towards digitization it is a mandatory step to stay updated. With technology evolving every second the scope for innovative courses is growing day by day. So leave behind the traditional approach of studies and try your hands on upcoming new era courses that will shape your career in the right way for a bright future.