Day by day, the need for machine learning and artificial intelligence field kept on increasing, so the Python Language is gaining popularity. However, You may also have questions about why the Python language is famous.
For instance, you might have questions about the python language and its libraries. Is that so? Ok, so you need not to worry about it as I will explain everything about them in detail.
Therefore In this article, I will explain everything from scratch. I will define to you what does mean python language, why it is important, and what are python libraries. So, stay tuned till the end of the article to get details.
The article topic will also explore the details of various python libraries. Now let’s try to understand what is python language and its libraries.
Brief introduction of Python Language
Above all, the python language is a famous programming language useful for web development, scientific computing, Artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data science.
In other words, there are some reasons why users use python language, and the answer is it is quite simple and easy to learn. Similarly, using python language, you can make web applications at a fast rate.
However, you people might be familiar with what is the Python language. If not, I will give you a brief introduction to it.
In conclusion, Python is a general-purpose programming language available for coding, software development, data science, back end development, and web development.
You may have some more doubts related to the python language. However, Python focus on code readability, and efficiency which means you have to use English keywords. In addition, It is popular among Disqus, NASA, PBS, and Reddit for their websites. So, Using python language, you can save your lot of time to spend on a project.
However, Data scientists prefer to use the python language as the syntax is a bit simple. The python language is much popular among its users as compared to the R language that is preferable for academics and research.
In this article, I am explaining in detail the features of various python libraries so that you can use them according to your requirement:
In conclusion, As python is a simple language, it is useful for machine learning scientists. Therefore, Even the various developers are interested in building the python libraries.
So let me help you to understand a few of these above-written libraries in detail. let’s understand these libraries one by one.
Did you hear about this library? If yes, then the information I am providing to you will add to your knowledge. Otherwise, you can understand it from the beginning as a new learner. So, It is famous among various developers and engineers. Therefore, this machine learning library has different modules like statistics, optimization, and linear algebra.
A few interesting features of the SciPy library are as follows. So, Lets explore them one by one.
- The machine learning library developed with the use of Numpy. Therefore, it is very powerful and useful.
- In other words, It supports various numerical routines, says numerical integration and optimization.
- The SciPy sub-modules are well documented. So, you can use them whenever you want to know about any specific concept or any help.
Use of SciPy library
This section describing you areas where you can use the SciPy library. So, learn them as mentioned below:
- You can use it for solving differential equations. Is not it cool?
- Also, It can be used for linear algebra.
- Similarly, Integration or calculus can be easily solved using the SciPy library.
Also read 52 Questions & Answers in Canva
Are you familiar with this library? So, Let me explain to you what is Numpy and why it is used? This library is very famous for machine learning purposes. Therefore, various other libraries like Tensor Flow make use of this library. After that, the useful facility provided by this library is the array interface.
So, lets explore about the useful features of the Numpy library as follows:
- The library can be used for making complex mathematical operations easy. So, you can use it well in your difficult maths calculations.
- It is an interactive and simple library. Therefore, it is very useful.
- There is a high open-source contribution available to the library.
- The library is very intuitive. However, this nature makes it popular among users.
Use of NumPy library
Let’s have a look at the areas where you can use this library. I have mentioned few of these areas as below:
- The library can be used to express images, binary raw streams, and sound waves. So, you can see how beneficial it is.
- Full-stack developers need to have knowledge of this library for machine learning operations execution. However, it adds in to simplify your task.
Now, let’s move further and have an understanding of the new library Keras. Are you aware of the fact what is Keras library? Well, I will help you to understand it. The library facilitates the user with neural networks. Also, It is a useful machine learning library. In addition, It supports various utilities like data set processing, graph visualization, and model compilation.
However, The library at the backend makes use of TensorFlow and Theano libraries. Therefore, The models used in it are portable. But, The only flaw of it is that the library works slowly, as it uses backend infrastructure for the computational graph.
Let me explain you few of the features of the Keras library. So, let’s have a look at its benefits.
- You can use Keras for various neural network models such as embedded, pooled, and convolution models. It is the best option.
- The library is based on python, due to which it can be easily explored and debugged.
- Keras library is modular, flexible, and expressive enough. Don’t you think it is a very important thing for users?
- You can run it on either GPU or CPU. Is not it really awesome?
Use of Keras library
OK, Let’s narrow down and understand the use areas of the Keras library as follows:
- Various companies such as Uber, Yelp, Square, Netflix, and Zocdoc are making use of Keras library.
- This library is useful for deep learning products. So, you can accept it as the best choice among various libraries.
- The library makes use of various building blocks of the neural network, such as activation functions, layers, and optimizers.
- It supports several pre-trained models like VGG and Squeezenet.
- The library is quite famous among CERN and NASA organizations. That is why you have to keep in mind that point.
This time I will explain to you about the PyTorch library. So, let’s learn about it. Developers use this machine learning library to perform computations of a tensor. Also, The library can be used to make dynamic computation graph and automatic gradient calculation.
Therefore, such a library can be the best option to resolve neural network application related problems. Also, The library uses the Torch library. The library was released in the year 2017.
So, Lets have a brief introduction to the useful features of PyTorch library as follows:
- The library supports a hybrid easy to use front end. Therefore, it is a very useful library.
- Various developers and researchers developed other libraries and tools to be used along with PyTorch. So, you can see the worth of this library.
- It also facilitates developers with optimization, flexibility, and enhanced functionality.
- The library is compatible with distributed training. That is why it quite amazing.
- The library can be integrated easily with Cython and Numba. So, Do not you think the feature makes it quite different from other libraries.
Use of PyTorch library
In this section, I will let you know what are the areas where you can use the PyTorch Library. Ok, then let’s understand them.
- The library is a competitor of the TensorFlow library. So, you are now having an option to use an alternative of TensorFlow library.
- It is used for natural language processing applications. That is why it is popular among various developers.
- The library is developed by a research group of facebook artificial intelligence.
- Pyro software is also made using this library.
Do you have any idea of the Light GBM library? So, I will explain will you the concept related to this library. However, there is a library named gradient boosting, which is a famous machine learning library. Also, Using this library, along with the use of decision trees and redefined elementary models, you can develop algorithms.
But sometimes, for quick implementation purposes, few other libraries are used such, as LightGBM, CatBoost, and XGBoost.
Now, I am going to tell you about the few features of LightGBM library as follow. Ok, then Have a look.
- It supports quick and efficient production.
- It supports fast training as compared to other libraries of deep learning. What do you think? Is the feature is not amazing?
- The library is user friendly. So, it is easy to use this library.
- In the case of NaN values, the library doesn’t provide any error. So it means it can handles such NaN values easily.
Use of LightGBM library
Let me explain you few of use areas of the Light GBM library. So that you can have clear idea about its applications.
- The library is quite famous among developers as it supports scalability and optimization for implementation. That is why it is very popular.
- The library also provides binary and multi-classification.
- It also supports regression applications.
- The cross-entropy and lambda ranking is easy using the library. Is not it a good feature? What are your views regarding it?
- The library supports various other metrics like L1 loss, L2 loss, and MAP.
Let me explain to you the concept of the Eli5 library. Do you aware of it or not? So, you can say to resolve the inaccurate results of various prediction models a new machine learning library is introduced named Eli5. The library makes track of the steps of the algorithm and helps in debugging machine learning models. The library also uses various visualizations.
Well, have a look at the features of the library that makes it different from other libraries.
- The library also supports a few other libraries such as Scikit Learn, lightning, and XGBoost.So, this feature is very useful as many developers are seeking such type of benefit.
- This library supports the debugging of learning classifiers and prediction explanation.
- The library uses various algorithms to detect black box models.
- It tries to find the parameters of the model and its working. That is why you can say it is beneficial for scientists.
- The library also helps developers to understand the reason for any prediction made.
Use of Elis5 library
In this section you will get a information regarding the areas you can use the library. So, lets understand them.
- This library is used for various dependencies of the python package.
- You can also use the library for mathematical operations for performing the computation in less time.
- This library can also be used for legacy applications.
Are you familiar with this library? Ok, let me explain to you what the library means and why it is used? Ok, This library supports high-level data structures. Using such a library you can use various analysis tools. With the help of the Pandas library, you can do grouping, filtering, and data combining through inbuilt methods.
Now, I am going to tell you about the few features of Pandas library as follow. Ok, then have a look at them.
- It makes manipulation of data easy.
- The library provides various facilities like iteration, visualization, and sorting.
- You can also take advantage of aggregation, reindexing, and concatenation using this library.
Use of Pandas library
Let me explain you few of use areas of the Pandas library. So, that you can have a clear idea about its applications.
- It provides enhanced functionality and flexibility when used with other libraries.
- You can use this library in various custom operations, data sorting, and methods applications.
Ok, well lets move further and understnad what is the Seaborn librray. Are you aware of the fact what is Seaborn library? Well, I will help you to understand it. The library is used for the visualization of data and uses other libraries such as matplotlib, NumPy, and pandas. The library is also having plot functions that are dataset based. With the help of these functions, you can work on arrays and data frames having the datasets.
So, lets explore about the useful features of the Seaborn library as follows:
- Using the library inbuilt functions such as aggregation and mapping you can make information-oriented plots.
- The library is providing a high-level interface to make statistical graphs and you can understand and explore data easily.
- The charts included in the library are pie charts, bar charts, error chat, scatter plots and histograms.
- To find out the patterns in data the library also provides tools to choose color palettes.
Use of Seaborn library
OK, Let’s narrow down and understand the use areas of the Seaborn library as follows:
- You can use the library for making various themes that style the graphics of matplotlib.
- The library is used with NumPy and pandas.
- To plot statistical time series data the library is very effective.
- Such a library is very useful for the visualization of univariate and bivariate data.
- The library is quite popular among the regression models.
Did you hear about this library? If yes, then the information will just add to your knowledge. However, It is a python library used for building 2D plots and graphs. Using this library it is quite easy to make various plots at one time. The library can also be used for the manipulation of figures.
So, Lets have a brief introduction to the useful features of Matplotlib library as follows:
- Matplotlib can be used with various toolkits such as Ipython shells, Jupyter notebooks, python scripts, and GUIs.
- If you need any help in the case of Matplotlib there is the availability of a large helping community.
- The library can be integrated with seaborn, ggplot, and base map.
- The library develops figures of high quality for publication purposes.
- Matplotlib makes available hardcopy formats of your figures.
Use of Matplotlib library
In this section you will get a information regarding the areas you can use the library. So, lets understand this.
- It is used in object-oriented APIs to embed plots in various applications.
- The library provides a state machine based procedural pylab interface.
- It facilitates you with an interface similar to the Matlab interface.
- It supports various other toolkits such as a base map, cartopy, excel tools, and natgrid.
In this section, I will explain to you about the Pillow library. So, let’s have an understanding of it. This is a library of images and fork of the python image library. Earlier the library was only used for the code structure of the python image library.
But after some time the library undergoes many changes and result in a user-friendly interface. So you can overall say pillow is a reliable platform for processing images.
A few interesting features of the Pillow library are as follows. So, lets explore them one by one.
- It facilitates users to make changes in even the image environment.
- As thumbnails are important for any image so a thumbnail building facility is also available in this library.
- The library also provides various image filters.
- This library is compatible with GIF, PNG, PDF, and other image formats.
Use of Pillow library
OK, Let’s narrow down and understand the use areas of the Pillow library as follows:
- You can use the library to get information about the image.
- The library can also be used for blur image processing.
- It is useable for batch processing and image archival applications.
- The library also helps to display images by making use of bitmap images and the windows DIB interface.
Do you have any idea about the Theano library? So, let me explain to you the concept related to the theano library. Actually, The machine learning library is used for multidimensional arrays computing. You can consider it as a framework that can be used for computations. Its working is quite the same as that of Tensor Flow. The library is also useful for distributed and parallel environments.
Well, have a look at the features of the library that makes it different from other libraries.
- The library is very fast and provides stable optimizations.
- This library can do quick data-intensive computations.
- It makes use of the NumPy array mostly.
- Theano supports efficient symbolic differentiation.
- The library also enhances the efficiency to evaluate various expressions.
- It can automatically find errors and ambiguities.
Use of Theano library
Let me explain you few of use areas of the Pandas library. So, that you can have understanding of its applications.
- You can make use of the symbolic expression for software development.
- The library is widely used in deep learning and neural networks.
- It is the industry standard for research related to deep learning.
Let me explain to you the concept of the Bokesh library. Do you aware of it or not? However, The library is used for the visualization of data in python. The library facilitates users with an interactive and very useful special package.
In this section, I will let you know what are useful features of Bokesh Library. Let’s understand them as follows:
- Using the Bokesh library you can get the results of the project in notebook and HTML media.
- With the help of this library, you can easily convert matplotlib and ggplot written visualizations.
- The library also facilitates developers with flexibility and compatibility with other Django applications.
- In this library, you can use easy commands to build composite statistical scenarios.
- You can also use custom visualizations to implement style and interactive layout with your visualizations.
Use of Bokesh library
So, Lets have a brief introduction to the use areas of Bokesh library as follows:
- The library also supports services such as the Bokesh server.
- It provides server-side downsampling of large datasets.
- You can also use the library for making big data transformations.
- Data streaming is automatic that helps in updating various plots.
Are you familiar with this library? In this section, I will tell you what is the OpenCV library and what is its use. However, The library is known as open-source computer vision which is a package in python for processing images.
The library is a bit difficult to understand as there is no proper documentation available but still focuses on all the instant computer vision monitoring. It makes available inbuilt functions to understand computer vision easily.
So, Lets have a brief introduction to the useful features of OpenCV library as follows:
- Using the library you can get such a computer vision which can help you to interrupt, comprehend, and build again the three-dimensional environment from two dimensional.
- Such a library facilitates developers to capture and save different moments in video to analyze background or motions.
- The library is compatible with various operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, open BSD, and OS X.
- With the help of OpenCV that is a complete image processing package, you can read and write images simultaneously.
- You can easily detect various specific objects in your videos and images such as face, tree, and eyes.
Use of Open CV Python library
In this section you will get a information regarding the areas you can use the library. Lets, have a look at them.
- It can be used for classic computer vision and machine learning algorithms.
- The library helps in face reorganization and checking human actions.
- You can use it for object identification and camera movement tracking.
- Many companies such as Google, Microsoft, Intel, IBM, and Yahoo make use of this library.
Python is a very useful programming language and it is still kept growing due to updating features and new releases. There is also a requirement of ML and big data due to which the python libraries are in great demand. In the above section, I mentioned various python libraries having different features.
In other words, it is the complete decision of the user which python library he wants to use. You can use various python libraries together also.
I could be wrong at some points so do correct me with your valuable suggestions. Using all the above-mentioned libraries you can easily start your career in python.