The Reliance Foundation Undergraduate Scholarships are a financial aid program for meritorious students who face financial constraints in pursuing their undergraduate studies. The scholarship is awarded by the Reliance Foundation, which is the philanthropic arm of Reliance Industries Limited, one of India’s largest private sector companies.
Half of India’s population, or over 600 million Indians, are under the age of 25. Reliance Foundation is committed to strengthening young people’s access to higher education in India. The Scholarships aim to enable students to become successful professionals and realize their dreams, unlocking their potential to lift themselves and their communities up and contributing towards India’s future socio-economic development.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be Indian citizens and have secured admission to a recognized undergraduate program in any discipline. They must also have a gross annual family income of less than INR 15 Lakhs.
The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation expenses, and a stipend for books and other academic expenses. The scholarship is renewable for up to three years, provided the recipient maintains good academic performance.
To apply for the scholarship, interested students must visit the official website of the Reliance Foundation and follow the application process. The application process may involve filling out an online form, submitting academic transcripts and other documents, and appearing for an interview.
- Excellence: Scholars committed to excellence in both academic and non-academic pursuits, always seeking to improve themselves.
- Leadership Potential: Scholars with the ambition and potential to become future leaders.
- Integrity: Scholars who value honesty, accountability, and responsibility for their actions and decisions.
- Community Commitment: Scholars with a strong moral character who are committed to working for social good and giving back to society.
- Growth Mindset: Scholars who embody Reliance’s spirit of “Growth is Life” and have a love of learning and developing themselves and others.
- Courage: Scholars who are resilient, patient, and passionate in embracing challenges and growing from them.
Application walkthrough based on the information:
First, students need to check if they meet the eligibility criteria for the scholarship.
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Be a resident Indian citizen.
- Have passed Standard 12th with a minimum of 60% and be attending a full-time undergraduate degree program in India.
- Have a household income of less than Rs. 15 lakhs (preference given to less than Rs. 2.5 lakhs).
Students will start the application process by clicking on the link
- Personal and Contact Information
- Academic Info
- Achievements and awards
- Supporting Documents
- All applicants must take an online aptitude test as part of the scholarship application process.
- The test will consist of 60 multiple-choice questions and will last for 60 minutes.
- The test will assess applicants’ verbal, analytical, and logical ability as well as their numerical ability.
- The aptitude test is an important part of the selection process, helping the committee to evaluate applicants’ overall abilities and aptitude for academic excellence.
- Applicants should prepare well for the test by practicing and reviewing previous test papers or mock tests.
- If you have any questions or concerns about the aptitude test or any other aspect of the scholarship application process, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions section of the Reliance Foundation Undergraduate Scholarships website.
Up to 5,000 undergraduate scholars will be selected for the scholarships, and the total amount of scholarship available over the duration of the degree program will be up to Rs/INR 2 Lakhs. This scholarship amount will help students to cover their tuition fees, accommodation, and other related expenses.
In addition to the financial support, the scholarship program will also provide networking opportunities to the scholars through a strong alumni network. This will enable students to connect with other scholars, alumni, and mentors, and gain insights into the world of work, career prospects, and other areas of interest.
The result announcement of scholars
Announcement of Scholars – Up to 5,000 scholars.
All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of merit cum means.
Selection of Scholars will be announced in March 2023.
It’s important to note that scholarship programs may change their application deadlines and eligibility criteria from year to year. Therefore, interested students should check the most up-to-date information on the Reliance Foundation website or contact the foundation directly for more information on the scholarship and its application process.