Facebook Fellowship Programme Choosing a definite path for beginning your career can always be a confusing task. From selecting which degree to opt for to deciding what is something that you want to work for, it never gets easy. But one thing that everyone surely desires is to get a head start by getting into the best college in the field or working for the companies’ best in business. And if you are from a tech background pursuing a PhD, what better company than Facebook can you look up to? I am sure you don’t want to miss this opportunity, which is not only for people from any particular social or cultural background, but is inclusive in every way, even if you are a part of a traditionally under-represented group. So let’s not wait anymore and dive into the details very quick.
The Facebook Fellowship programme is a global programme to support doctoral students in the field of computer science and engineering who are engaged in research and innovation at an accredited university.
The programme is open to PhD students of any year and people from diverse backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply, especially from the under-represented groups. The Applications are thoroughly evaluated on the basis of students’ research statement, recommendation letters by their teachers and publication records.
The winner of the fellowship programme is awarded with 2 years of student scholarship, $42,000 annual stipend to cover the living expenses, paid visit to Meta headquarters and many other opportunities to engage with Meta researchers.
- AI System HW SW Co-Design
- Block chain and Crypto economics
- Applied Statistics
- Computational Social Science
- AR/VR Computer Graphics
- Database Systems
- AR/VR Future Technologies
- Distributed Systems
- AR/VR Human Computer Interaction
- Economics and Computation
- AR/VR Human Understanding
- AR/VR Perception, Cognition & Action
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- Audio Presence
- Augmented Reality Audio
- HCI – Social Media, People, & Society and Technology
- Privacy and Data Use
- Programming Languages
- Security and Privacy
- Technology Policy
- Application open – 3rd August, 2022
- Application close – 20th September, 2022
- Winner Announcement – 31st January, 2023
Also read Young India Fellowship (YIF) 2023-24
Fellowship Awards Includes
- Tuition fees paid for up to 2 years or 4 semesters which will be paid directly to the school.
- $42,000 annual stipend to cover living and travel expenses which will be paid directly to the students and is taxable based on local law.
- Paid visit to Meta Headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit
- Applicant should be a full-time PhD student enrolled in any accredited university around the world before the start of Fellowship. Even the students in the last year of school can apply. They will receive stipend and tuition while they are studying in school.
- Student should be involved in at least one research related to relevant disciplines which were given above.
- Student should remain enrolled full-time to take programme benefits.
- Student should not apply if they are already being funded by Meta through any other sponsorship or if they are actively being supervised by a Meta researcher.
Applications must include
- 500-word that clearly specifies the area of focus, importance to the field and applicability to Meta of the anticipated research during the award. The references to papers mentioned may be uploaded to your CV/resume and cover letter as a singled uploaded file.
- Two letter of recommendations and one of them from an academic advisor. The other letter of recommendation should not necessarily be from a PhD advisor, it can be from any other professor or industry contract. One will be asked to provide references’ contact information, and they will receive a corresponding form to submit their letters. The letters for the 2022 application cycle are due 4th October 2022.
The Fellowship Summit
As a part of the program, current fellows are invited to the Annual Fellowship Summit held at Meta’s headquarter in Menlo Park. There, the fellows can share their research, speak with Meta’s researchers and teams, engage with other winners and learn more about research at Meta.