Sleeping disorder, the most disturbing element in one’s daily life. According to a survey, more than 30% of the population worldwide suffers from a sleeping disorder i.e., insomnia. Insomnia, the state of being unable to sleep is the major problem in today’s world. Every group of people from children to adult faces this problem each and every day.
Lack of falling asleep or staying awake all through the night is the symptom of insomnia. This results in fatigue which disturbs the whole day of the individual. Lacking energy, irritation and mood swings are other results of lacking sleep.
Healthy Sleep hours
National Sleep Foundation after much research suggested the minimum sleeping hours for every age group of people as
- Infants: 12-16 hours (4-12 months )
- Children: 11-14 hours ( 1-2 years)
- Children: 10-13 hours (3-5years)
- Children: 9-12 hours (6-12 years)
- Teenagers: 8-10 hours
- Adults: 7-9 hours
When these specified time limits are not met, it is termed as a sleeping disorder.
Symptoms of Sleeping Disorders
The most common symptoms of the sleeping disorder are
- Unable to sleep continuously.
- Waking up in the middle of sleep and taking time to sleep again or cannot sleep once woke up.
- Tired but cannot sleep
- Fatigue due to lack of sleep
- Daytime laziness
- Unable to concentrate
Problems due to Sleeping Disorder
Sleeping, the most relaxing and required day to day activity of the people. A proper sleep makes you work better and gives you freshness. Lacking sleep not only disturbs your activities but also leads to a lot of health problems. Some of the most common problems due to lack of sleep are
- Heart attacks
- Hyper Tension
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
What causes Sleeping Disorder?
Sleeping disorder mainly occurs because of the following activities.
- Bipolar disorder
- Medicine dosage
People think a lot about their future and worry. Some people worry due to money problems. When they over think about these, they get mentally strained and cannot sleep properly. Fear and anxiety increase when people cannot sleep well.
People take different types of medicines according to the severity of their problems. Heavy dosage leads to side effects like gastric trouble which disturbs sleep.
Unhealthy eating habits and unhealthy environment also lead to sleeping disorders.
Tips to avoid Sleeping Disorder
A happy and sound sleep will make your day brighter. You can work with much enthusiasm if you have a good sleep. Here are some tips to have neat and clean sleep daily.
- Have a regular sleep schedule – Take time and fix a regular sleep timetable.
- Clean and Calm Environment – Make sure the area you sleep is dark, clean and calm. Little disturbance in your area disturbs your sleep and you feel disturbed the whole day.
- Do not eat excess – Eat very simple and healthy food before going to bed. Do not eat heavy and oily food that interrupts your sleep.
- Stay away from Electronic Gadgets – One hour before going to bed, don’t touch any electronic goods like mobiles and laptops. Since their light may affect you and distracts you from sleep.
- Exposure to Morning sun – After waking up from sleep, stay in the sun for a while. It is the healthiest tip to have a sound sleep.
- Read books or listen to music before going to bed for a healthy sleep.
- If you still do not get sleep, do some exercises which make you feel tired and then go to bed.
- Avoid alcohol and cigarettes which causes health problems like a cough, cancer etc.
- Overweight also leads to a sleeping disorder. So do exercise daily and maintain a diet to reduce weight.
- Take sleeping pills under doctor guidance and use them for great sleep.
- Take your own care instead of visiting a doctor. Do everything which makes you fall asleep but with care and caution.
I will be so happy if you people let me know how this article helped you in curing your sleeping disorder. Do like it and share it with your peers who have this problem.
Have a nice day !!!!