Have you ever wondered about the ingredient that is added to a lot of dishes you already eat? Ginger or ginger root is a widely used spice. In addition, many consider it as a very healthy ingredient.
Do you know why?
Well, you are at the right place!
Ginger is added to almost all the traditional dishes because of its extraordinary properties. Moreover, it is part of the cardamom and turmeric family. The root is either used fresh or in powdered form. Importantly, it has become a principal ingredient in many parts across the world. Especially in India, a spoon of ginger powder or its paste does wonders to almost every dish! It has a strong flavour and even a pinch of it can change the flavour of any cuisine.
It is not only a great spice for culinary purposes but also for many medical purposes. In addition, it has many medical properties and health benefits.
TIP: Always buy fresh ginger in small quantities so that it does not go waste. It is because a few inches of ginger works well for any kind of purpose. Moreover, You can store ginger at room temperature or can keep slices of it in the refrigerator. Avoid buying wrinkled roots of it.
Here is a list of some of its benefits!
Benefits of Ginger!
(If you have any allergies related to the ingredient, kindly consult your health expert first and then try the following things)
1. Great spice for the gut
- Firstly, Ginger is a natural healer for digestive problems. It can settle an upset stomach and relieve the abdominal pain, if any.
- Secondly, it aids in reducing the cramps and even bloating.
- Moreover, it can do wonders and solve many problems related to indigestion. It enhances the flow of digestive juices.
- In other words, it can prevent acidity and diarrhea. In addition, it can work as a great cure for constipation, as well.
- It can also help one’s appetite to recover.
TIP: Ginger juice with a few drops of lemon juice and a pinch of salt works amazing for digestion. (You can also add honey according to your preference)
2. Easy remedy for cold
- Firstly, almost everybody has drank “adrak wali chai” (tea with ginger) when they got a cold. This ingredient works magically to make one get rid of the cold.
- Secondly, even Ayurveda considers Ginger as a great healer for cold and some flu.
- Moreover, it aids congestion too.
TIP: You can add grated Ginger in honey along with pepper or you can add honey and ginger juice to warm water and drink it as a tea.
3. Ginger can reduce nausea
- From the common morning sickness to the after-surgery nausea, ginger can cure TOUS (all)!
- Importantly, it has some healing properties that help to alleviate nausea.
- Moreover, it reduces the feeling of vomiting and prevents it too.
4. Eases the menstrual cramps!
- Firstly, it is one of the best traditional remedies that can reduce the menstrual pains.
- Ginger powder in hot water or a cup of Ginger tea can help to alleviate the pain and ease the cramps!
- All the women out there, you know when you NEED a hot bag and a cup of ginger tea now!
5. Spice that fight the infections
- Firstly, Ginger has many anti-bacterial properties. It helps to fight many kinds of infections and prevent them.
- Secondly, “Gingerol” (a compound present in it) has anti bacterial effects that prevent the growth of different types of bacteria and reduces the risk to certain infections.
- Moreover, it has warming properties that can soothe the pain caused by any infections.
Also Read Apple Cider Vinegar | Proven Benefits, Dosage, Uses, And Probable Risks
6. Relieves pain
- Firstly, Ginger has many anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce joint pains!
- Secondly, it can relieve back pains and headaches, as well.
- Not only this, but it works for tooth pain too!
TIP: You can place a small piece between your cheeks and tooth.
It really is effective and can relieve you from the pain.
- In other words, it can help in fighting inflammation because of its healing effects.
7. Controls High Blood Pressure and Cholesterol
- Firstly, Ginger can help regulate the blood pressure and reduce hypertension. It prevents the formation of clots in the arteries.
- Secondly, it controls the overall cholesterol levels.
- Importantly, it prevents many diseases related to the heart.
Also Read ROSE WATER (Everything You Need To Know About It!)
8. Detoxify the skin
- Firstly, it can prevent acne and its scars because of the presence of anti inflammation effects.
- It works as a great detoxifying agent and clears the skin!
- Moreover, it can even help to reduce skin blemishes, if any.
- In other words, it is a natural agent that can treat skin related problems, too!
TIP: Ginger tea is the best to detoxify the skin. In addition, you can also apply a little amount of ginger juice on the scars and leave it for a few minutes then wash. Before applying it on an exposed area like face, try to apply somewhere else to be sure it does not affect your skin-type.
9. Works great for Hair!
- Firstly, Ginger can make your hair longer and stronger, oh YES!
- It increases the blood flow to the hair focillicles that in turn, promote hair growth.
- Secondly, its anti-septic properties help in preventing dandruff, as well.
- Moreover , due to the antioxidants present in it, it gives the right glow to the hair.
- Thus, Ginger can be added to your oil to nourish your hair and boost their growth.
TIP: Making and applying a hair mask of onion and ginger juice can really condition your hair. Apply it for a maximum of thirty minutes and then wash it off well.
These are just some of the benefits of Ginger, the real list goes much longer! This miraculous ingredients is filled with wonders.
Moreover, winters are almost here and the chances of catching a cold is much higher now, we all know why! So why not follow the quote, “Prevention is better than cure”?
Ginger works amazingly to boost one’s immunity and provides warming effect that can help one immensely. So, prepare yourself a Ginger tea and enjoy the weather!