Exams season is the toughest season in a student’s life. Studying for exams can be stressful and time-consuming. All the students in your class have the same 24hrs to study, but then why is it that some students are highly confident to give exams, while others are just gloomy and scared and hoping to pass? think about it. When you are wasting your time writing messages to your friends, these students are busy writing down their time table.
But nothing is impossible. If you’re reading this article, you’ve won half the battle to get your desired grade. Implement these tips to get a proper focus and dedication for your exams and be a winner. So, if you want that perfect grade start reading and working:
Make A Schedule for Exams-
Its important to start by noting down everything that you have to study. This will give you a clear picture of what all you have to do and how much time. Here are ways how you make a schedule:
- Start by writing your full syllabus. All the topics you have to cover and those you have to revise. Use different colours or symbols to separate them
- Now arrange them in their priority depending on their dates and start allotting how much time each subject would require
- With all this data make a time table. Put sufficient breaks in it after every 1 or 2 hours depending on your capacity
Clear Your Study Are:
It’s very important to clear out your study area. It should be neat and spacious enough to place all your notes and books.
- Keep all kinds of distractions (especially your mobile) away from you.
- Choose a well-lighted room to sit.
- Keep some snacks close to you so that you don’t have to get up and get distracted.
- Also, very important, to keep a water bottle. It is important to keep your body hydrated so that the brain can stay fresh.
once you have made a time table, start by collecting all the notes and the handouts you have. It is important to study smart to memorise things faster. You can do this by:
- Start by studying the most important topics. The one that has the most probability to be on the test. You can also ask your teacher for important questions and topics.
- Then start studying the easiest parts first. The one in which you feel confident. But remember don’t waste a lot of time on them. Gradually go on difficult topics.
- Make flowcharts and diagrams to remember easily. This will also help to revise at the end moment before the exam
Explain It To Others-
It is always a good technique to explain the topic you studied, to others. This will not only help you highlight the area that needs work but will also make you feel confident about your preparation by clearing your mind.
- If you’re comfortable studying in a group, the make an informal study group where you can discuss each other’s notes. You can quiz each other on topics and also explain difficult concepts. But it’s important not to get distracted when studying in a group.
- If you don’t feel comfortable in a group, then grab your parents or your siblings and explain to them what all you studied. Note down your doubts and ask your teacher later.
Previous years’ Exam Papers-
It’s important to know the pattern of the exam. This way, you will get a clear idea of how to study and what to study. Doing previous papers for revision is also good. Note down your mistakes and revise them once before the exam.
Get Enough Sleep-
Before your exam plan on getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep. A good night’s sleep is the key to success. Have a healthy sleep routine, so that your mind is fresh on the day of the exam. Don’t over-study. When your mind reaches saturation, give yourself a break instead of forcing it to cram everything.
The night before the exam, pack all your stuff. Keep your stationary pouch ready and wake up fresh 2-3hrs before the exam. Have a glance at your notes and flowcharts and you’re set to go.
In the end, it’s important to realise that getting bad marks isn’t the end of the world. When studying you should study for the knowledge. If you are studying at the end moment, then it’s important to do the important points first, and then just go through your notes. Just give your 100%.
AND REMEMBER- Do Not Study Anything New Just Before The Exam.
Have confidence in yourself. You studied hard, be proud of yourself.
So, keep going, manage that time, and ace your exams. ALL THE BEST!