London is known as the world’s fifth best city to study at QS Best Student Cities 2016. The city was also considered as “one of the great centers of culture and creativity on the planet” in addition to London’s “world-class” facilities and links with business and professions. QS describes London as “a global academy nerve center.”
Established in 1986, London University of Arts specializes in arts, design, fashion, and performing arts. The university consists of 6 different colleges that offer the best education with maximum focus on building skilled professionals across the globe. The colleges in this institution are:
- Central Saint Martin’s
- Chelsea College of Arts
- London Communication College
- London College of Fashion
- Wimbledon College of Arts.
- Camberwell College of Arts
With world-class education and a well-trained faculty, this university is one of the most popular among students around the globe who want to pursue an arts career. About 15,000 students from 130 countries are registered here for their higher studies.
Courses offered in University of Arts, London
The University of Arts offers over 100 art, design, fashion, media, communication, screen and performing arts courses at the undergraduate level.
- The courses offered here are taught by well-trained staff and some of the world’s best-known faculty.
- The university is made up of the best professional artists, practitioners, designers, critics and theorists in its faculty
Accommodation facility in University of Arts, London
The university provides the students with a wide range of options to offer them with maximum comfort while pursuing their studies in a budget that suits them well.
- Students studying here can choose from a variety of residential halls to self-contained studio apartments near the campus.
- There are 13 residential halls available for accommodation, including the Camberwell campus, located across three buildings listed in Grade II
- Costume Store Hall of Residence, which offers 730 en-suite student bedrooms, as well as a gallery, retail and games area to relax in their leisure time.
Additional facilities available at University of Arts, London
Each university-related college has plenty of facilities to offer to students.
- The colleges are well equipped with galleries, workspaces and auditoriums to provide practical knowledge for the students.
- Aspirants studying here can also access the available learning resources, including some 15th century prototype archives.
- These archives can also be borrowed with prior information and permission for research and thesis work
Open house at University of Arts, London
The university conducts open days to familiarize the students with the teaching methods and facilities offered here, where you can meet and interact with the staff and get to know the place in detail. Studying at the university is a lifetime experience that will make you a well-qualified professional if you are planning to enter the courses here.
Also Read Build a career in the USA
Application process for University of Arts, London
- Application: students can apply online for a course at this university by visiting the official website
- General requirements: educational qualification documents, mark sheets, certificates, NOC,
- Additional requirements: proof of identity, passport, visa, insurance, scholarship documents
- English proficiency test: minimum test scores required for university admission are discussed in the table below
|English proficiency test||UG||PG|
|TOEFL||90 and above||92 and above|
|PTE||58 and above||65 and above|
Tuition fees of university of Arts, London
|Programmes||UG (£)||PG (£)||PHD (£)|
|Fully catered hall||£230|
Cost of living
|Type of expense||Amount|
Scholarships available at the University of Arts, London
UAL offers a wide range of scholarships, awards and funds to international students as well as to deserving candidates through generous donations from individuals, businesses and philanthropic charities, as well as university funds.
Chevening scholarships program: This program is available to all international students who are willing to pursue their bachelors or masters in the UK. This scholarship will help you to pay tuition fees, as well as a living allowance, return flights to the UK from your country.
Commonwealth masters scholarships: If you come from a participating country of the Commonwealth, you can apply for this scholarship program that helps in airfares and also funds the exam fees for the students.
Queesnmary London scholarship program: This scholarship offers free accommodation for Queen Mary students for the duration of your course plus an annual living expense allowance of £ 4,000. Open to care students or low household income students who currently do not live in the M25.
Gates Cambridge scholarship program: these funds are awarded to outstanding applicants from any non-UK country who want to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at Cambridge University. The full study cost at Cambridge is covered by a Gates Cambridge Scholarship. It also provides additional funding, which is discretionary.
Reasons to study in London
Try new things: It’s the perfect time to try new things when you’re living away from home for the first time. How about a new sport or becoming a volunteer for the community? City has to be joined by countless sports clubs and societies.
See art, music, dance, theater: Thousands of exciting cultural events can be found throughout London every week – and experience new things
Explore the knowledge from the World: The British Library has 14 million books, 920,000 titles for newspapers and newspapers, and 3 million recordings for sound. Once they have a free Reader Pass, city students can access this extraordinary collection. And there are only two underground stops away
Connect with world class business opportunities: London is a major international hub for a wide variety of industries, including finance, creativity and media. The location of the city and its links to the City of London make it the perfect place not only for studying, but also for building networks that will take you through your career.
Alumni of University of Arts, London
As one of the world’s most prestigious universities, the University of Arts has a great deal to offer its students and has bagged some great awards to add up to its alumni. The university has provided 13 Turner winners and 33 nominees with top 10 fashion designers listed under the British Designer of the Year.