The coronavirus pandemic made all of us conscious about our health and lifestyle. Where opting for health insurance is a new normal, Indians are giving importance to healthcare now. But, due to a plethora of options available in the market, it often left you in a confusing state. Questions like which plan should I buy? how about the coverage, may strike in your mind. But don’t worry! If you are a newbie in health insurance, then read these frequently asked questions before buying medical insurance to understand things better and make an informed decision. Here it goes:
- I do not want to go to the branch office because of the coronavirus outbreak. Can I buy medical insurance cover online?
Yes, you can easily buy health insurance policy online in few steps:
- Go to the official website of the health insurance company
- Enter your details in the form given on our website.
- Get the quote
- Choose the one that suits your needs.
- Fill the required details
- Make online payment
- Get your health policy on your email id
- Do I need to undergo cumbersome paper formalities while buying health insurance?
Not at all, you do not need to undergo cumbersome paper formalities while buying health insurance. Minimum documentation is required to get it online.
- I’m 18 years old. Am I eligible to opt for a health insurance plan?
Yes, you are eligible to opt for a health insurance plan. You can also get it for your parents. The minimum age for buying medical insurance cover is 18 years, and the maximum is lifelong.
- Do medical insurance gives coverage for COVID-19?
Yes, many leading health insurance companies like HDFC Ergo, ICICI Lombard, Care Health Insurance (formerly Religare Health Insurance) offer coverage for the treatment of coronavirus. However, it’s advisable to read the fine prints of the plans available on their official websites before making your final decision.
- Can I get a cashless facility in the network hospitals, PAN India?
Yes, you can get a cashless facility in all the network hospitals PAN India. However, please note that cashless hospitalization is available only at network hospitals emplaned with health insurance companies. If you admit to non-network hospitals, then you cannot go for a cashless facility but claim for reimbursement.
- Can I switch to a new health insurance plan if I will not satisfy the current one later?
Yes, you can switch to another health insurance provider under portability. Some common steps for portability are:
- Portability is possible before 45 days before the renewal date
- Fill the online portability form
- Fill the proposal form with complete details
- Make online payment via secure payment modes
- Does medical insurance cover advanced treatments like stem cell therapy or balloon sinuplasty?
Yes, good health insurance providers offer coverage for advanced treatments like stem cell therapy, balloon sinuplasty, robotic surgery, and even include daycare treatments as well.
- Can I get coverage for cancer?
You can opt for a cancer mediclaim offered by Care Health Insurance, Bharti AXA, etc. They are robust health insurance plans that cover hospitalization, medication, and treatment costs for cancer.
- I already have diabetes. Can I still get health insurance?
No need to worry. People who have pre-existing diseases like diabetes, hypertension, and thyroid can also get the health insurance plan subject to the waiting period and policy terms and conditions.
- What are the different health insurance plans available?
For your ease, here is the list of India’s top health insurance companies. You can check out their medical insurance covers:
|Health Insurance Company||Sum Insured||Network Hospitals|
|Aditya Birla Health Insurance||Min-2 Lakh Max-2 Crore||6000+|
|Care Health Insurance||Min- 3 Lakh Max- 6 Crore||7900+|
|HDFC Ergo||Min-3 Lakh Max- 50 Lakh||10000+|
|Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance||Min- 1.5 Lakh Max- 50 Lakh||6500+|
|Max Bupa Health Insurance||Min- 3 Lakh Max- 1 Crore||4115+|
So, research and check all the minute details of these medical insurance plans carefully and invest rationally to ensure your health safety.