IIIT Hyderabad stands for the International Institute of Information Technology Hyderabad. The institute is a not-for-profit Public Private Partnership. The institute is deemed to be university. IIIT Hyderabad lays focus on information technology. Other than that, IIT Hyderabad focuses on communication, electronics, computer science, and the interdisciplinary applications of all other streams and domains. The International Institute of Information Technology Hyderabad was founded in the year 1998. It is affiliated to the National Board of Accreditation, University Grants Commission, Association of Indian Universities, and All India Council for Technical Education.
For more information about the institute one can check out the official website of the institute. https://www.iiit.ac.in/
Placement Statistics of IIIT Hyderabad
Professors and authority at IIIT Hyderabad are of the belief that it is of immense pride to give the students plenty of opportunities to improve and develop their information abilities. The statistics have shown great result as far as the placements of IIIT Hyderabad are taken into account. In fact, the placement scenario has left the placements of the IITs of India collectively. The placement scenario of IIIT Hyderabad has left all back and is thus, one of the most sought after institutions of the nations.
In the previous academic year, 2018-19 following statistics were obtained:
- There were a total of 289 students who registered at the institute.
- Out of these, 271 students got selected by recruiters and were successful in the placements.
- Out of this, a big majority of students were offered highest salary LPA.
- The remaining got offers of average salary LPA.
- There were only 3 students out of the 271 who got the lowest salary packages.
Why IIIT Hyderabad?
IIIT Hyderabad in India has long been part of a debate about its superiority over all the IITs of India. The professors and the students at IIIT Hyderabad are the biggest contributors of research papers in the IT industry, computer science and other such areas of the nation. At IIIT Hyderabad, the students train very hard in the theory as well as the practical aspect to give excellent results in the field of information technology. The institute is also one of the few engineering colleges in the nation to have a great number of R&D collaborations at national and international level. These collaborations are with the domestic industry.
IIIT Hyderabad versus all the IITs of India
The basic comparison between IIIT Hyderabad and the IITs of India is in the subject of computer science. IIIT Hyderabad is known for excellence in computer science and information technology. However, that does not mean that the IITs lack anywhere in the field or the particular domain. However, the records and the researches are in favour of the IIIT. This is because of the excellent placement records of the institution. The above average salary packages of IIIT Hyderabad are equivalent to the highest salary packages of the IITs.
Another point is that the undergraduate research in IIT Hyderabad is better as compared to the IITs. Another thing that the people need to keep in mind is that the placements completely do not depend on the institute. The placements also depend on the capabilities and the knowledge of the students. To get into the IIIT Hyderabad, there are examinations that the students need to sit for.
The important dates to remember for IIIT Hyderabad are as follows:
IIIT Hyderabad UGEE Important Dates 2020
|Application date for UGEE 2020||2nd week of February, 2020|
|Release of Admit Cards||1st week of April, 2020|
|Entrance exam for the UGEE 2020||Last week of April, 2020|
|Declaration of Results||2nd week of May, 2020|
|UGEE Mode Round 1 Seat Allotment Result||2nd week of June, 2020|
|UGEE Mode Round 2 Seat Allotment Result||Last week of June|
|UGEE Mode Round 3 Seat Allotment Result||1st week of July, 2020|
|UGEE Mode Round 4 Seat Allotment Result||2nd week of July, 2020|
IIIT Hyderabad PGEE Important Dates 2020
|Availability of application forms for the IIIT-H PGEE examination||1st week of February, 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form||Last week of March, 2020|
|Availability of Admit Cards||2nd week of April, 2020|
|Date of the Examination||Last week of April, 2020|
|Declaration of Results||2nd week of May, 2020|
|Interview and Admission||2nd week of June, 2020|
Some Points to remember for IIIT Hyderabad
Here are some points you need to keep in mind about the programmes offered at IIIT Hyderabad:
- In order to get admission to the undergraduate courses, the students should have got a valid JEE Main score. The admission will be done on the basis of UGEE or Olympiads that are conducted by the institute, if the student has not appeared for the JEE exam.
- For the post graduate courses, the admission shall be on the basis of the PGEE score and the interview.
- The admissions for the MSIT programme (post-graduation) will be on the basis of the score of GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering).
- Admission to the PGSSP course will be done on the basis of the academic record and work experience of the candidate.
- The students wanting to get admission for PhD will have to sit for an exam. This will be followed by an interview.
Eligibility Criteria for IIIT-H Undergraduate courses
Following are the criteria that you need to remember when seeking admission to IIIT Hyderabad:
- For BTech course, the student should have an aggregate percentage equivalent to 60% in Class 12 or any equivalent qualifying examination. The percentage is for subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics taken together.
- For BTech+MS by Research Dual Degree course, the student should have completed senior secondary school from any reputed school. Other than this, the student must have KVPY, NTS, or other equivalent Olympiad awards. This should be without appearing for JEE Main.
Eligibility Criteria for IIIT-H Postgraduate courses
Given below are the eligibility criteria for the postgraduate courses offered at IIIT Hyderabad:
- For MTech courses, the students should possess a BE/BTech degree in their respective branch. Besides this, it should also include CSE/ ECE/ EEE/ Civil/ Biotechnology.
- If not this, the students should hold a BArch, Master’s Degree in Mathematics/ Computers/ Science/ MCA Programme/ Information Technology.
- For courses under MSIT, the students should have a BTech/ BE Degree in their respective branch.
Application process 2020: IIIT Hyderabad
The application form for the various courses will be available through online mode only.
- The students can start filling the application form from the month of February.
- After filling and submitting the application form, the student will get a link on the filled Email ID.
- This link can be used by the student in order to verify the user details.
- The students should strictly use the same Username and Password when downloading their admit card.
- In order to make the payment for the application form, the students can use credit card/ debit card/ Net Banking methods.
Documents required for the Admission Process
The students should make sure that they have the following documents with them when they go for the counselling procedure:
- Class 10 pass certificate and mark sheet
- Class 12 pass certificate and mark sheet
- Category certificate, if applicable
- Domicile certificate
- Identity Proof
- Recent passport size photographs
We hope this article was beneficial to all those planning to join the prestigious IIIT Hyderabad to build their career in the best way possible. The results will be declared online for both the Undergraduate and the Postgraduate courses. After that, the students shall be intimated with what is to be done for the counselling/ interview. The students can also apply for financial assistance at IIIT Hyderabad, and to see get more detailed information about this, they can click on the link to which is given below: