Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) is a Delhi – based central public university. It was founded in 1920 and was awarded central university status in 1988.
The application form for Jamia Admission 2019 can be completed by 12 April 2019. It offers courses in the fields of education, humanities and language, law, technology and engineering, social sciences etc. In order to get entrance into different courses (as applicable), students must qualify in the entrance tests organized by JMI. Entry to engineering classes takes place through the admission of JEE Main and BDS via NEET scores.
Through this article, students can examine Jamia Admission 2019 details including application requirements, eligibility criteria, important dates, design, curriculum, etc.
Also read DU B.Ed Entrance Exam 2019
Admission process in Jamia 2019
An entry test conducted by JMI is to be conducted by all candidates seeking admission to any of the JMI courses offered. An interview may be followed by the entrance test. On the University’s website, you will find the defined program and the registered student’s admission cards. The test is conducted for most undergraduate studies on the Jamia Millia Islamia campus in Delhi. Although some of the courses are examined in several cities. The courses include:
- B.A. Ll.B. (Hons.)
- B.Sc. (Hons.)
Those students who are preparing for their entrance exam for the university must read the important tips given below
Question Types: Objective / multiple choice questions are contained in the question paper.
Negative marking: All programs with the exception of M.Phil and Ph. D will have a negative marking of 0.25 marks in the target type / multiple choices for each wrong answer. The curriculum varies according to the courses.
Examination Centres: Examination in various cities, such as Calicut, Lucknow, Delhi, Patna, Guwahati, Srinagar and Kolkata.
Preparation tips for entrance exam
- Students must prepare an appropriate time table and prepare accordingly before preparing the examination.
- To learn more about the examination pattern, prepare question papers and sample papers from the previous year.
- Do meditation and yoga, it will help you to maintain a calm mind.
Jamia admission form 2019
Before applying for admission, students must read the newsletter and follow the given below steps:
- Candidates can fill out the application form online.
- No printed application form for admission is available
- The application process includes two parts, i.e. registering and requesting entry.
- The scanned photographic and signature images must be uploaded to the candidates.
- The photo should be in JPG / JPEG-format passport size, with a maximum size of 100 KB and a white background. In JPG / JPEG format, the signature should be of a minimum size of 100 KB.
- In JPG / JPEG format the signature should also be up to a maximum of 100 KB.
- After the application is submitted, a single registration and a password emails will be sent to candidates for further use.
- In addition to B.Tech / B. Arch and from 13 April-15 April 2019 UG and PG courses, the correction will be available after the latest date from 31 March to 3 April 2019.
Eligibility criteria for Jamia 2019 admissions
Students have to verify their eligibility to participate in a respective course. For various courses, eligibility is different. The basic eligibility for UG and PG courses have been mentioned here:
Qualifying Exam: Under the qualification of 10+ 2, students must hold an UG examination in the relevant field and apply to PG courses.
Minimum marks: minimum marks criteria apply for different courses and will be different for each one of them.
Candidates appeared: Students whose qualification examination results were not declared may apply as well. By September 2019, the applicants must submit the necessary certificates.
Jamia reservation criteria 2019
- OBC candidates (Non -Creamy Layer) shall submit a competent authority relevant certificate.
- If seats remain vacant in women’s and OBC-NCL categories, then those are transferred to the category of Muslim minority.
- Those with a private degree or distance are not considered for relaxation.
- For Kashmiri Migrants and J & K candidates, no seats are available in the BDS course.
- No foreign candidates can seat in the B.Arch Course.
- In the total qualification examination, NCC cadets and NSS Volunteers will have an eligible 5% and 2% relaxation marks respectively.
Highlights of the admission process 2019
- The selection is based on the rank / score obtained by the candidate in a JMI Entry Test.
- Candidates must achieve a minimum score of 40 percent in order to qualify.
- The seating will be allocated in accordance with the admission procedure of JMI.
- On the JMI Notices Board as well as on their websites, a list of selected and waiting candidates is available.
- A date will be provided for the admission formalities for the candidates selected.
The selected candidates must carry the following documents along at the time of admission
- Evidence of passing the qualification examination with leaflets.
- The certificate of the entitlement of any class reserved (where applicable)
- Character certificate of the last Institute attended certificated by an M B.B.S. doctor.
- 10 + 2 or equal marksheet
- Age Proof (High School / Senior Secondary School marksheet)
- Evidence of entitlement.
- Class-1 Gazetted Officer’s Certificate of Indulgence for Criminal Behavior In case of gap period
- Proof of address along with name and place of nearest police station
- Certificate of No Opposition for the present employer (night / part-time / sponsored courses)
- Hospital certification along with blood group
Distant education from Jamia 2019
In the Distance & Open Learning center (CODL) JMI offers MA, M.Com courses at PG level, and BA, B. Com, BBA at UG level. The form can be downloaded from the university’s official website or obtained from JMI campus or any of the study centres. In Distance mode JMI also provides B.Ed and Diploma.
Jamia is considered a university which offers good quality education with well trained faculty at affordable prices and also offers wide range of extra certificates to the students in the fields of their interest. Enroll in Jamia and enjoy studying with interactive methods.