The CEED 2020 examination is near and the students should thus be prepared well to be successful in their attempt. Therefore, this article gives detailed information about all you should know about the CEED 2020 examination. Read below to get an insight about the CEED 2020!
The CEED stands for the Common Entrance Examination for Design. The CEED 2020 is a common entrance examination jointly conducted for admission to post graduate courses in the field of technological design. The examination is held together at all the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc).
The CEED 2020 examination is hosted primarily by the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, and the Industrial Design Center for the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. The CEED 2020 is a descriptive examination that covers a student’s creative, drawing, observation, and logical abilities. These are specifically tested for admitting students to several design courses in the fields of industrial design, vehicle design and mobility, animation graphics, product design, visual communication, and the animation graphics. The examination is conducted for the admission to the Master of Design (MDes) programmes and other such programmes and degree courses.
Important Dates for CEED 2020
The students are advised to keep a track of the following dates for the CEED 2020 examination. These dates are final and are important for all students sitting for the CEED 2020 paper. The table below gives the final date record, which is as follows:
|Online registrations open with submission of regular fees||9th October, 2019 to 9th November, 2019|
|Online registration with late fee submission||10-16th November, 2019|
|Availability of Admit cards for downloading||1st January, 2020 onwards|
|Last date for correction of the discrepancies in the admit card||7th January, 2020|
|CEED Examination||18th January, 2020|
|Release of draft answer key for Part A||21st January, 2020|
|Last date to publish the comments about draft answer key for Part A||21st January, 2020|
|Release of final answer key for Part A||4th February 2020|
|Declaration of Results||4th March, 2020|
|Availability of Score cards for downloading||4th March, 2020|
There are a few important criteria that students should check before applying and appearing for the CEED 2020 examination. Unless the students fit in all the mentioned criteria, they will not be allowed to sit for the examination. Following are the criteria for the CEED 2020 paper:
- The candidate must have passed in all the subjects of her 10+2 level examination.
- The candidate must have completed their diploma/ graduate/ post graduate degree after the 10+2 level examination and this should be of minimum three years by July 2020.
- In case the student has not completed his/her qualifying degree,he/she should be in the last year appearing for the final examination of this degree by July 2020.
- The candidates who have passed the GD Arts diploma programme (10+5 level) by July 2020 are also eligible to appear for the CEED 2020 examination.
- The students may make note of the fact that there is no age limit for appearing for the CEED 2020 examination.
- A candidate can give as many attempts for CEED 2020 as he/she desires.
The students are hereby informed that the eligibility criteria for each individual institute may differ to a certain extent. Therefore, the students should ensure that they fulfill all the criteria specified by the institute of their choice.
CEED 2020 Application form
The students need to keep the following instructions when they are filling the application/registration form for the CEED 2020 examination:
- The candidates need to upload their recent photograph and signature according to the dimensions specified on the registration portal. Both the photograph and the signature should be in jpeg format.
- Candidates applying in the EWS/ SC/ ST/ OBC-NCL category are required to upload valid certificates or documents that are issued by concerned officials. The candidates should also note that these c=documents should be in pdf format.
- The candidates are required to upload scanned copies of their diploma/ graduation degrees if they have completed their course. In case the candidates are still appearing for the last examination of their qualifying degree, they need to upload the provisional certificate from the Principal of the college or the Head of the Department.
- The candidates who are applying under the Physical disability (PwD) category should produce valid medical documents. These documents should be in pdf file format.
- PwD candidates who request compensatory time during the examination should ensure that they upload a request letter. This letter should be in the pdf format. This should be in accordance with Appendix 10.
- The candidates who have a discrepancy in the name as per the degree or the certificate are required to submit a gazette notification, scanned passport, or a marriage certificate that shows the change in name.
CEED 2020 registration form is to be submitted through online mode only. This form is to be submitted through the official website given below.
The registration fee for the candidates is given below:
- For all women candidates it is INR 1300.
- INR 1300 for all the SC/ ST/ PwD candidates.
- INR 2600 for all the other candidates.
This fee is non-transferable and non-refundable. Detailed instructions for the payment of the fee is given along with the registration/ application form. In order to make the fee payment, net-banking, credit card and debit card options are available. The students are informed that the additional charges such as the service charge and the processing fee levied by the banks have not been included in this.
The students also need to keep in mind that the fee structure will be the same till 9th November, 2019, 23:55 hours. However, after the said date, a late fee of INR 500 rupees will be applicable to all the candidates registering after the closing date till 23:55 hours on 16th November, 2019.
Admit Card 2020
The Admit card will be available for download on the official website of CEED 2020 from 1st January, 2020 to 18th January, 2020. The students need to get a color printout of the admit card before they come to the examination hall. In case any fault is found in the Admit card, the candidates should write and inform on the official website of CEED 2020.
Also see: IELTS, what! Why! and how?
CEED 2020 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The CEED 2020 examination will be conducted in two parts, that is, Part A and Part B. It is mandatory for the students to attempt the questions of both the parts.
The Part A is a computer-based screening test. This evaluates the candidate’s spatial ability, visualization, social and environmental awareness, logical and analytical reasoning, observation, creativity, language and design abilities and sensitivity. Part A contains the objective type questions – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), the Numerical Answer Type question (NAT), and the Multiple Select Question (MSQ). The candidates who have been shortlisted in Part A by applying and solving the questions of Part A as per the mentioned method will be eligible for evaluation of Part B questions.
The second part of the paper which is Part B evaluates the creativity, communication, problem identifying and drawing skills of the candidates. Part B scores will be calculated in accordance with methods specified in the brochure. This brochure is made available for the applying candidates on the official website. The final CEED 2020 marks will be calculated by giving 25 percent weightage to the marks that have been obtained in Part A questions. The Part B shall be given a 75 percent weightage for the calculation of the final score.
CEED 2020 Results
The CEED 2020 results will be declared on the official website of CEED. The CEED 2020 score card will be valid for a duration of one year counted from the date of declaration of results. The students need to keep in mind that the CEED 2020 score card is in no way a proof of the candidate’s date of birth, disability, and/or category. In case of any issue or dispute that arises with regard to the CEED 2020, the matter shall be forwarded to the Courts and the Tribunals in Mumbai. They have the authority and judiciary rights to carry out investigation and solve the issue.
Also see: IELTS, what! Why! and how?
In conclusion, we hope that the article was useful to all the students aspiring to appear and clear the CEED 2020 examination. The other details and doubts can be clarified by visiting the official website of the CEED 2020 examination. The link of the website is given below.