These beautiful words by Abraham Lincoln “Elections belong to the people. It’s their decision. If they decide to turn their back on the fire and burn their behinds, then they will just have to sit on their blisters”, have encountered me with a thought that elections are very important for a country’s democracy. Without elections we can’t expect good governance. So there is cyclic chain between election-democracy-good governance.
India is one of the biggest democracy of the world. But still there are so many citizens who didn’t have voter id card . About one fifth of people don’t vote because of various reason like no voter id card, laziness and bad weather, loss of faith in governance etc. Some of the people vote in order to click selfies and post them on various social networking site, so that they can show off in front of their friends. There are so many people in India who vote according to their family’s choice without having their own choice.
its the biggest reality of our nation that there are so many people who don’t even know about the election’s date and list of candidates who have stood in the election. These people are those only who criticize government law.
Now lets get to the point ,This year there will be elections in 7 states of India . These seven states include Goa, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Manipur, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh & Uttarakhand. Now let us discuss each and every state one by one so that we would have the rough idea about the elections in 2017.
- GOA-The Goa Legislative Assembly election, 2017 will be held on February 4, 2017 to elect the 40 members of the Goa Legislative Assembly, as the term of current Legislative Assembly ends on March 18, 2017. This time there will be 4 parties i.e. BJP, INC, MGP, AAP.
- GUJARAT-The fourteenth legislative assembly election will be held in 2017 to elect members of the 182 constituencies in Gujarat. This year also the Elections might take place in November-December 2017. There are 2 major parties BJP and INC.
- HIMACHAL PRADESH-The Himachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly election, 2017 will be held in late 2017, to elect the 68 members of the Himachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly, as the term of current Legislative Assembly ends on 7 January 2018. There are two major parties INC and BJP.
- MANIPUR-The Manipur Legislative Assembly election, 2017 will be held on 4th March & 8th March 2017, to elect the 60 members of the Manipur Legislative Assembly, as the term of current Legislative Assembly ends on 18 March 2017. Voter-verified paper audit trail (VVPAT) machines will be used along with EVM in four assembly constituencies in Manipur.
- UTTAR PRADESH-The 17th Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly election will be held from February 11 to March 8, 2017 in 7 phases. There are 4 parties that are battling in UP i.e. BJP ,BSP ,SP alliance with Congress.
- PUNJAB-The Punjab legislative assembly election, 2017 will be held on 04 February 2017 to select the 117 members of the Punjab Legislative Assembly. The results of the election will be announced on 11 March of Punjab Legislative Assembly. There are 4 major parties BJP along with Akali Dal , Congress,BJP and AAP.
- UTTARAKHAND-A Legislative Assembly election will be held on 15 February 2017 in a single phase for the 70 seats of the Vidhan Sabha in the state of Uttarakhand in India.There are only 2 major ruling party INC and BJP.
Patriotism doesn’t mean fighting on borders . We all can’t go to borders and show how much we love our country. If we seriously love our country we should respect our governance and the rights that our government has given to us .There are so many countries in the world where people are fighting for democracy . We are very blessed that we are born in that country where government is for the people, of the people and to the people. So don’t waste the sacrifices for this right and choose whosoever is best according to you. Please Vote and show what public can do. Remember every vote counts.