Personality development is defined as a process of developing and enhancing one’s personality. Personality development helps an individual to gain confidence and high self esteem. Actually Personality means- a integrated organization of physical, emotional, intellectual, social, psychological and spiritual characteristics of an individual. And development means- an ongoing process. Personality development also is said to have a positive impact on one’s communication skills and the way they sees the world. Individuals tend to develop a positive attitude as a result of personality development.
So now you all think that how actually the Personality is developed. So for this let us discuss various determinants of the personality development.
Determinants of Personality
Following are the factors which help in shaping one’s personality:
- Heredity – Heredity refers to factors that are determined once an individual is born. An individual’s physique, attractiveness, body type, complexion, body weight depend on his/her parents biological makeup.
- Environment – The environment to which an individual is subjected to during his growing years plays an important role in determining his/her personality. The varied cultures in which we are brought up and our family backgrounds have a crucial role in shaping our personalities.
- Situation – An individual’s personality also changes with current circumstances and situations. An individual would behave in a different way when he has enough savings with him and his behavior would automatically change when he is bankrupt.
THINGS TO ENHANCE YOUR PERSONALITY
- Don’t compare your life.
- Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control, Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Dream more while you are awake.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip
9 Personality Development Tips
- Be as positive as a proton
A proton can never lose its positivity as so can’t you! It just gets covered by stress which saps your energy. Staying positive will help you overcome the toughest of challenges while attracting more positivity and opportunities.
- Be more passionate
The best way to get any work done is by being passionate about it. Let your passion drive your efforts and you’ll be able to achieve excellence in life.
- Handle your emotions…with care
If life is a roller-coaster ride, then make sure you are enjoying it to the max. Don’t let your emotions take control of situations but learn to get a grip on them. This will help you stay centered and calm during challenging situations.
- Share a little, care a little
Learn to be more compassionate! The next time you or somebody else commits an error, let them off the hook without holding a grudge. Broaden your perspective that we all are evolving continuously and that no one’s perfect. This outlook will help you accept yourself and others better.
- Praise the one in front of you
When we praise someone’s qualities out of the feeling of completeness, then it elevates our consciousness and brings enthusiasm and energy. It helps the same qualities blossom in us too and we become better individuals.
- Communicate effectively
We communicate either through our presence or by expressing our feelings. Bring clarity in your communication and you’ll see people respond to you better, and more than often favorably.
- Be a lion in the face of danger
In the face of an adversity, standing up to the challenge will make your chances of survival higher. Don’t give into pressure and face every challenge confidently. Either you will overcome the adversity or learn something invaluable.
- Possess the quality of patience
Patience is the secret ingredient for becoming a winner. Feverishness and prompt reactions will do more harm than good. Remember to stay calm and patient to remain stress-free and for making wise and swift decisions.
- Learn the Art of Breathing Right
Last but not the least, breathe properly. Often largely ignored, breathing holds the key to a stress-free and positive life. Harness the true power of breath by learning Sudarshan Kriya – a simple yet highly effective breathing technique that clears stress at physical, mental and emotional levels of our being.
Personality Development Benefits
- Stress-free and healthier life
- Better decision making ability
- Enhanced confidence level
- A more pleasing personality
Importance of the Personality Development program
- Building confidence and boosting enthusiasm
- Promoting a zealous outlook towards life
- Imbibing positive thoughts and actions
After all, personality development is nothing but a tool that helps you realize your capabilities and your strengths making you a stronger, a happier and a cheerful person.