Teaching job in our country is known as the best career option for females as well as males. The amount of candidates who want to enroll themselves in this profession is growing day by day and thus to select the best from the rest, CBSE has introduced the CTET exam.
The central teacher entrance exam is here and has announced the invitation of application forms for the july session. This time the 12 edition of this exam will be conducted for teachers for classes 1 to 9th. CTET 2019 will be conducted in 20 languages all across the country.
Facts and figures about CTET 2019
- A CTET certificate will be issued to candidates who secure more than 60% in CTET 2019 for any of the papers.
- The examination duration is 150 minutes and it consists of 150 questions.
- The exam will be conducted in 20 languages with objective questions of type.
- According to the candidates who have appeared in this exam the question paper is lengthy but is easy to clear.
CTET 2019 exam dates
|Event||Date (July Session)|
|Online Application available from||February 5, 2019|
|Last Date to fill application form||March 3, 2019|
|Application Fee||March 8, 2019 (Before 03.30 PM)|
|Availability of CTET Admit Card||June 2019|
|CTET 2019 Exam Date||July 7, 2019|
|Result declaration day||July 2019|
|CTET 2019 Certificates’ Dispatch date||July 2019|
Eligibility criteria for CTET 2019
You must check the eligibility criteria for CTET 2019 before applying for the same. The candidate securing more than 60% marks in the CTET 2019 will be provided with a certificate for their performance.
Candidates from the reserved categories will receive a 5 percent relaxation in the qualifying marks in CTET’s Academic Eligibility.
The minimum age for CTET 2019 to appear is 18 years.
There are different detailed eligibility criteria for the primary and primary stage.
Eligibility for primary teacher
To apply for the primary teacher course the candidates must fulfill the below given eligibility criteria
- The candidate must have at least 50 percent marked senior high school
- He / she must also have passed or appeared in the final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education
- Applicants must have passed high school with marks of at least 45 %.
- He / she must have passed or appeared in the final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
- Aspirants must have at least 50 percent marks in secondary senior school
- Must appear and pass the four year B.ed course
- Graduation degree in relevant discipline must be acquired.
- A certificate of two year Diploma in Elementary Education
Eligibility for elementary teacher
To apply for the post of elementary teacher a candidate must fit into the following criteria
- A diploma must be obtained in the respective discipline along with a diploma in elementary education
- You must obtain a bachelor degree with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Aspirant must have completed a 1-year education bachelor’s degree (B.Ed).
- Degrees must be completed in the relevant discipline with a minimum mark of 45 percent.
- In accordance Regulations issued, he or she shall complete a year in the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed).
Also read Let’s get to know about NEST 2019
CTET 2019 admit card
The CBSE board has given a green signal to the admit cards for CTET 2019. Candidates can download the same from the official site and can apply for the correction process if there is any issue in the same.
How to download the admit card?
- Visit the official website of CTET and login with your credentials
- Download the form and check all your entries
- Take a print out of the same as you will be required to carry it along to the exam centre
Documents need to be carried along to the centre:
The students are required to carry any one of the below given documents along to the exam centre
- PAN Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving Licence
- Voter ID Card
CTET 2019 exam pattern
CTET Pattern consists of 2 papers
- For candidates to become teacher for class 1 to 5, the Foundation paper is there
- Paper 2 is intended to cover applicants who wish to teach classes 6 to 8 to students.
- Each answer is given a +1 mark while the negative marking regime does not apply to the examination.
For the CTET Exam Pattern highlights, the candidate may refer to the following table:
|Paper 1||Paper 2|
|Duration of exam||150 Minutes||150 Minutes|
|Section in the exam||5 (Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I (compulsory), Language II (compulsory), Mathematics, Environmental Studies)||5 (Child Development and Pedagogy (compulsory), Language I (compulsory), Language II (compulsory), Mathematics and Science 60 MCQs 60 Marks (for Mathematics and Science teacher), Social Studies/Social Science)|
|Total No. of Question asked||150||150|
|Negative Marking||Not applicable||Not required|
|Medium of exam||Hindi and English||Hindi and English|
Syllabus for CTET 2019
CTET Paper 1 is for primary school teachers aspirants and Paper 2 is for elementary school teacher aspirants.
Students can also apply for both the papers
Paper 1 Syllabus covers child and pedagogy development.
- It focuses on psychology and education for children between 6 and 11 years of age.
- Language section will contain understanding, development of language and invisible passages.
Paper 2 syllabus has 5 sections in total namely: Language 1, Language 2, Mathematics and Science and Social Science and child development
CTET 2019 cut off
Cut off are the minimum marks necessary for clearing the test and to receive CTET Mark Statement Eligibility certificate will be awarded to applicants scoring more than 60 percent. The following table shows the anticipated cuts for the 2019 CTET:
Enroll quickly for the CTET 2019 exam and start preparing to come out with flying colors. Go through a lot of books and read newspapers to stay updated with the current happening around you. Keep a calm mind and you will crack it in one go.
BEST OF LUCK!!