Chino pants have become a popular piece of apparel for men over the past few years. Their exceptional comfort, versatility, durability, and fitting have helped it become the perfect wardrobe companion for most. But what has exactly been the reason behind the widespread growth of chino pants for men? As a garment developed to accelerate human performance in the military, chinos have carried the same DNA over the years. They offer optimal temperature control and seamless stretchability. You can easily wear chinos for the entire day and sometimes even beyond.
Chino Pants for Men: Why are They Special?
- Fabric: Created from cotton-twill fabric, chino pants for men were first used in colonial India in 1846. The breathable fabric provided soldiers with all-day comfort in India’s sweltering heat. Moreover, it facilitated easy movement and helped Indian soldiers to avoid getting tracked by enemy snipers. In the modern world of fashion, chinos have still retained the original cotton twill; however, several brands have put forward a variety of other options
- Hue: Initially, chino pants for men were only seen in khaki to allow Indian soldiers to camouflage easily in the dust and mud. The khaki color is still one of the most popular picks for chinos globally. Presently, we can see chinos in a variety of hues ranging from neutral to darker shades to complement a variety of outfits with ease.
- Fit: The traditional chinos were meant for utility purposes and had no requirement of pockets. As a part of the military uniform, chino pants for men had a simple tapered fit without any pleats. Fast forward a hundred years later; chinos are available in a plethora of fits ranging from slim to relaxed and, of course, tapered. Also, the addition of pockets has made chinos a popular pick for men across age groups.
- Details: Till today, chino pants for men do not have pleats. This is a design detail that has been retained right from the garment’s origin, allowing it to be easily folded.
- All-season: A variety of brands are now moving from cotton-twill to manufacturing chinos in several other fabrics. This has enhanced the usability of chino pants as they can now be worn in winter as an effective alternative to jeans or wool trousers.
Do You Have the Right Fit?
When it comes to chino pants for men, you can choose from a variety of fits like regular, skinny, slim, and tapered. While you cannot go wrong with any fit, it is important to assess your body shape to ensure all-day comfort.
In terms of the fit, we would recommend you get a chino that doesn’t stretch around your waist area but rather fits perfectly without the need for a belt. The fit around the waist would certainly be lower than your dress pants but should be exactly where you wear your jeans.
Moreover, chino pants for men should not be too tight near the thigh area as it can make movement difficult. Ideally, you should be able to pull an inch of the cloth from your thigh area. Anything more than 1.5 inches is not ideal and means that the fitting is very loose.
Last but not least, the length of your chinos can either make or break your entire outfit. Ideally, the decision of length is based on whether you will wear socks or not. A little break in length is okay if you plan to keep your socks in the wardrobe. For those who want to keep it simple, your chinos should end right on top of your footwear.
If you’re looking to add a pair of good chinos to your wardrobe, you need to look for the foremost fashion brands. Andamen is a premium fashion brand with an exquisite collection of chino pants for men. You can find yourself the fit and color you want to make the perfect addition to your wardrobe.