Management Aptitude Test or MAT is a national level entrance exam organized by AIMA (All India Management Association). It is held four times a year for admissions to MBA and PGDM programs. The registration for MAT 2019 May session has been started from March 1, 2019.
- Bachelor’s degree holders can apply online at aima.in, by paying an application fee of INR 1550.
- From this year, All India Management Association (AIMA) has discontinued the offline registrations.
- MAT 2019 registration for May session ends on April 26 (offline) and 1st week of May (online) respectively.
- The exam will be conducted in both online as well as offline mode. Candidates can choose anyone as per their choice. For the top colleges, the cutoff this time is expected to touch 95+ percentile. Qualifying candidates will be called for a written ability test, followed by a group discussion/ personal Interview round. Read on to know more about MAT 2019 for May session
MAT 2019 May Session Exam Dates
MAT 2019 for May session will be conducted in the 3rd week of May 2019 in offline mode and in 2nd week of May 2019 in online mode. The below table represents all the important dates of ATMA 2019 May session.
|Registration begins from
|March 1, 2019
|Last date of registration
|April 26, 2019
|Admit card released on
|1st week of May 2019
|3rd week of May 2019
|Declaration of Result
|May 25, 2019
Highlights of MAT 2019
|MAT Full Form
|MAT (Management Aptitude Test)
|AIMA (All India Management Association)
|4 times a year
|Mode of Application
|Type and Number of Questions
|Objective and subjective
Trending Questions on MAT Exam
Ques. What is MAT Exam?
Ans. Management Aptitude Test, commonly known as MAT, is a national-level entrance exam. It is conducted 4 times a year (February, May, September, and December). All India Management Association (AIMA) is the body responsible for conducting MAT. The exam is conducted in both online and offline modes. The results of MAT exam are accepted by nearly 600 B-Schools in India.
Ques. Why take MAT 2019?
Ans. There are multiple benefits to appear for MAT Exam, such as the following:
- Certified by DNV with accreditation to RVA and Quality Council of India
- Entrance test for recognized programmes
- Validated through independent studies
- Availed by lakhs of students
- Accepted by hundreds of Institutes and University Departments
- Employing the latest technology in evaluation and result processing
- Individual scorecard with candidate’s photograph
- Test Centres located all over the country
Ques. What are the best reference books to crack MAT?
Ans. There are many books available in markets these days. But, to gain an awesome percentile, you need to make a safe choice. Thus, for preparation, go through the enlisted books which use simple yet effective language, so that all your fundamentals are cleared.
- Mission MBA guide by B.S. Sijwali and Tarun Goyal by Arihant
- MAT entrance exam with practice CD by GKP
- The Pearson MAT super course with CD by Pearson
- Study package for MAT by Arun Sharma
- 10 challengers MAT: 10 mock tests for MAT by Dharmendra Mittal
- MAT score accelerator by Disha publications
- MAT solved papers by Disha experts
- Barron’s guide for MAT by Eugene D. Jaffe
- MAT Entrance guide by Deepak Aggarwal
Ques. What is the difference between Computer-Based Test and Paper-Based Test?
Ans. Computer-Based Test means the candidate sits in front of a computer and the questions are presented on the computer monitor and the candidate submits the answers through the use of keyboard or mouse. Each computer is connected to a server, which prepares the question set and delivers it to the candidate on the computer. Computer Based Test assumes that the candidate has basic familiarity with the use of computers like use of keyboard and mouse operation. It is the responsibility of the candidate to acquire these skills before appearing in the test and AIMA cannot take responsibility for the same.
The Paper Based Test is generally offered on a single day to all candidates. Here, the candidate is supposed to bring Pen, HB-Pencils, Erasers and Sharper with him whereas the Question Paper & OMR Answer Sheet is provided at the Test Centre.
Ques. What are the differences between CAT and MAT exam?
Ans. Some of the major differences in CAT & MAT are given below:
- Basic Eligibility- While a candidate must secure 50% marks in Graduation to apply for CAT, there is no minimum percentage required to apply for MAT.
- Mode of Exam- CAT is conducted online, while MAT is held in both online and offline modes on different dates.
- Difficulty Level- Trends reveal that CAT is much tougher than MAT, though the syllabus remains the same for both the exams, with an additional section of General knowledge in MAT.
- Conducting Body– CAT is conducted by an IIM on a rotational basis, while MAT is organized by AIMA.
- Periodicity of Exam– While CAT is conducted once a year, MAT is organised 4 times a year.
- Colleges– CAT Score is accepted by Tier I institutes and B-Schools including IIMs. On the other hand, MAT is accepted by Tier II institutes and B-Schools. Read Key Differences between MAT & CAT
MAT 2019 (May) Eligibility Criteria
- Graduation in any discipline or an equivalent recognized degree.
- Final year students can apply on a provisional basis.
- Prior work experience is not mandatory.
- No specific limit on age.
- No restriction on the number of attempts.
MAT 2019 Online Registration
Completing MAT Registration primarily involves 3 steps – Filling Application Form, Uploading Photograph & Signature and Payment of MAT Exam Fee. Here is how you can register for MAT in online mode:
- Visit MAT official website i.e. aima.in.
- Click on Apply for MAT May 2019 button to navigate to the registration page of MAT.
- Enter your name, mobile number, date of birth and email id to register.
- Fill MAT Application Form using your personal and academic details.
- Upload scanned images i.e., colored passport size recent photograph and signature adhere to the prescribed format.
- Pay the stipulated MAT exam fee using either Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking or Demand Draft.
- Recheck all the information and submit the form.
MAT 2019 (May) Admit Card
- Admit card of MAT May 2019 will be available from the 2nd week of May (for PBT) and 3rd week of May (for CBT).
- Separate admit cards are issued for online and offline exams.
- It contains details such as the language of paper, exam center, date & time slot of the exam, roll number and photo of the candidate.
- In case of any discrepancy observed in MAT 2019 Admit Card, candidates should immediately contact the official authority.
How to Download MAT Admit Card?
Students can follow these simple steps to download the admit card:
- Visit the official website of AIMA
- A new page will be opened on the screen.
- Enter any two details- Application Number, Date of Birth and Name.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates are suggested to take printout of the admit card for further use.
MAT Application Fee for May Session
- The fee for MAT Exam can be paid through Credit card/debit card, net banking, demand draft or cash payment.
- Candidate can opt for both the tests i.e. PBT and CBT by paying an extra fee of INR 1100 in addition to INR1550.
- There is no fee concession for the reserved category.
- In case a candidate has chosen Demand Draft, he has to make a DD in favor of “All India Management Association” payable at Delhi.
MAT 2019 Exam Pattern
- AIMA has not reported any changes in the exam pattern of MAT 2019.
- MAT will be conducted in both online and offline modes. However, MAT Exam Pattern will remain the same.
- The paper pattern of MAT Exam describes the section-wise distribution of questions, marks, duration, etc. This will give you a fair idea about the nature of questions.
|Mode of exam
|Online and offline
|Nature of questions
|Total number of questions
|Number of sections
|5 (Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Language Comprehension, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, Mathematical Skills and Indian & Global Environment.)
|2 hours 30 minutes
|For each correct answer- +1 marksFor each incorrect answer- -¼ marks
|Number of questions
|Time suggested (in minutes)
|Data Analysis & Sufficiency
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
|Indian and Global Environment
MAT 2019 Result & Scorecard
- The result of MAT may session will be announced tentatively in January 2019.
- MAT scorecards will be available at the official website of AIMA. They will not be sent via post/ checked via SMS.
- MAT score is valid for 1 year only.
- MAT score is acceptable even to certain other Institutes for considering admission of candidates for Post Graduate Degree / Diploma programmes, besides the above Institutes, subject to specific cut-off marks and other admission parameters.