IGNOU is the largest Open University in the world which offers a pool of under-graduate, post-graduate, doctoral, certificate and diploma courses through open and distance learning in arts, science and commerce streams. The university offers 27 specialization programs through 67 regional centers. For July session, the online registration for most of the courses usually commences in the month of May every year and ends in the last week of June. However, for some specific courses, the last date of admission may vary.
Facts about IGNOU 2020 admission
- IGNOU 2020 TEE June application form dates have been extended till 15th April 2020
- IGNOU 2020 OPEN MAT XLIV admit card is available on the official website
- IGNOU 2020 M.PHIL July session admission process will last till second week of May 2020
Submission of Online and Offline Admission Forms for all programmes for July, 2020 session has been extended up to 14th August 2020
IGNOU application process
The admission form for IGNOU can be filled online for which you need to follow the following steps
- You must register yourself by creating a username and password
- Fill all the necessary details like: name, DOB, e-mail address and contact number. After filling the details, press ‘SUBMIT’ button.
- You will receive a confirmation email for which you need to login and verify your account, only after that you can begin with the application process
Upload the documents
After completion of the verification process you need to upload the canned copy of your documents
- Scanned Photograph and signature
- Scanned copy of Age Proof
- Scanned copy of Educational Qualification
- Scanned Copy of Experience Certificate (if any)
- Scanned Copy of Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC
- Scanned Copy of BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line
Preview your form and complete the payment
- After uploading of the scanned documents, candidates can click the ‘next button’ for the application form preview option.
- In case of any error, they can go back and correct the details or can refill the form.
- Once you have checked everything proceed to make your payment using your debit or credit card
IGNOU selection process
- The admission in your preferred master’s course will be provided on the basis of marks obtained in the degree course.
- The committee of the university releases a merit list according to which the courses are offered
- Shortlisted candidates have to contact the regional office of IGNOU to complete their admission process
Top courses offered in IGNOU
- There are walk-in-admissions throughout the year for Bachelor’s Preparatory Programme and all Certificate Programmes
- For Management courses, an entrance test viz. OPENMAT is held twice a year.
- Admission to Bachelor of Education programme is done through a national level entrance test.
- A relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks is allowed to SC/ST/PD candidates
IGNOU MBA admission 2020
IGNOU offers management courses with duration of two and half years for students who have competed graduation with a minimum of 50% marks and must have also cleared OPENMAT entrance exam of IGNOU.
For the current academic session, the OPENMAT XLIV entrance test for management programs will be conducted in December. Students can download the admit card for OPENMAT XLIV from the official IGNOU website.
To download the admit card follow the given below instructions:
- Log inn to the official IGNOU website and click the ‘Admit Card for OPENMAT XLIV Entrance Test for Management Program link.
- Next, enter your enrollment number OR name along with the date of birth.
- Upon successful submission, the corresponding Hall Ticket/ Admit Card will be displayed on the screen.
- Please verify all the details printed on the IGNOU Admit Card.
Selection of candidates for the MBA program is done strictly on merit basis from the marks obtained in the OPENMAT exam. The result card is sent to your home with a card notifying whether you have qualified for the course or not.
IGNOU B.ed and M.ed education 2020
With a wide range of courses offered from the university IGNOU also offers courses in education for graduation and post graduation. The admission in this courses is offered on the basis of entrance exam conducted by the university at all India level.
Eligibility criteria of B.ed: A student must have obtained Minimum 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanity
Eligibility criteria for M.ed: the applying aspirant must have completed B.Ed with 2 years teaching/professional experience in a Government/ Government recognized school/NCTE recognized teacher education/research institution in education
IGNOU M.phil and Ph.D. admission 2020
IGNOU has in store something for everyone and it also offers students to do their research in their preferred subjects by offering M.
IGNOU undergraduate and post graduate course free structure 2020
The Bachelor’s Degree offered by the University is for a minimum period of three years except for the Bachelor Preparatory Programme (BPP) and B.L.I.Sc that are offered for a minimum duration of one year.
The UG Diploma courses offered are for a minimum duration of one year except for Diploma in Elementary Education which is for a period of two years
|Course offered||Fees (Rs.)|
In addition to these courses IGNOU also offers a pool of post graduate courses the fees for which is discussed below:
|Course offered||Fees (Rs.)|
Fee structure for Ph.D or M.phil students
|Ph.D regular in Biochemistry||14000|
|Ph.D regular in Life science||14000|
|Ph.D regular in Physics||14000|
|Ph.D regular in Geology||14000|
|Ph.D regular in Translation studies||7000|
If you do not find your course listed here then not to worry as all detailed information can be found on the official site of IGNOU, IGNOU.ac.in