We all are staying at home now due to lockdown. It is necessary for us to be at home in order to stay safe from Coronavirus. But this has prevented us from going to beauty parlours, salons and spas. There are some natural beauty remedies which can be done at home. These beauty therapies can be carried out by people of all ages. They are easy to follow and will give good results. The ingredients needed for these beauty remedies are available at home. You can do these home remedies to maintain your looks.
Beauty remedies for skin –
For soft and glowing skin –
- Grate a piece of cucumber and add besan (Chickpea flour or Gram flour) to it. Apply this paste on face and leave it till it dries completely. Wash with cold water. This will make your skin soft and glowing.
- Take one-fourth teaspoon of carrot juice and add one spoon of honey. Apply this on your face for twenty minutes. This makes skin soft.
- Make a paste of papaya. Apply this on your face for twenty minutes. Then wash with water. This paste is useful for enhancing the beauty of skin.
- Take a teaspoon of tomato juice, add two drops of lemon juice and a teaspoon of rose water. By applying this lotion on face, skin becomes attractive.
- Take two teaspoons of tomato juice and add four spoons of cucumber juice to it. By applying this lotion on face, skin does not get tanned and it becomes soft.
- To make skin soft, apply a paste of curd and oatmeal. Wash off after it dries.
- To make skin shiny, make a paste of almond with almond oil. Then add banana paste to it and keep it on face for twenty minutes.
For fair skin–
- Take a big spoon of milk and half spoon of salt. Mix them very well. Apply this paste on face before sleeping at night. It will make your skin fair.
- Cut tomatoes in half and rub over the face. This is useful for toning up and whitening the skin. This will redefine the pores.
- Apply one spoon of honey and lemon juice to your face every day. It will noticeably lessen the darkening of skin due to sun exposure.
- To make skin fairer, put pudina paste on face for twenty minutes. Then wash off with hot water.
- Apply a mix of milk powder, almond oil and lemon juice on your face. It will lighten up your skin tone.
Also read 5 DIY Masks For Hands For Hands And Feet
For bleaching skin –
- Mix the juice of one lemon to two tablespoons of milk or cream. Apply this on your face and neck and massage for a few minutes. Then rinse off. Do this daily before going to bed. It helps to bleach your face and keep your hands soft and supple.
- Take a teaspoon of lemon juice and stir in half a teaspoon of honey and a few drops of milk. Mix well and apply over your face and neck fifteen minutes before you take your bath. This lotion will have a mild bleaching effect on greasy skin.
- Mix two tablespoons of milk with one tablespoon each of honey and lemon juice. Apply the mixture on clean skin and leave it for thirty minutes. This face pack works like a mild bleach.
Also read How to Keep a Youthful Skin for Life?
For oily skin –
- Rub lemon rind over your face if you have oily skin as this will lessen grease and whiten your complexion.
- Take a teaspoon of apple juice and add one-fourth teaspoon of lemon juice to it. Apply this on your face for twenty minutes. Then wash it off. This is a good tonic for oily skin.
For dry skin –
- If your skin is dry then grate a cucumber and apply its juice on face for twenty minutes. Continue this for two weeks.
For preventing ageing –
- Application of mashed unripe papaya as a face mask is an excellent way to prevent premature ageing that comes with constant exposure to the sun.
- Mash half a banana and mix it with a few spoons of raw milk. Apply it on clean skin and leave it for fifteen minutes. Then wash your face. This pack will help you get rid of the fine lines.
For cooling effect on skin –
- Blend cucumber in a grinder and apply the paste on face. Wash with cold water once it dries. This will have a soothing effect on your skin.
- Prepare a green tea brew. Freeze the brew to form ice cubes. Rub the cubes gently all over your skin for a cooling effect.
- Aloe Vera is the perfect cooling remedy for a sun-burnt skin. Pluck a fresh aloe vera leaf and extract its gel. Apply it to the face and rinse it off after it dries for a cooling effect.
- Apply a paste of freshly ground green mint all over the face. Leave it on for fifteen minutes and then wash it off. This pack will absorb the internal heat of the skin.
- Take one tablespoon of besan (Chickpea flour or Gram flour). Mix double the quantity of curd and apply the mixture on your face for twenty minutes. It has a cooling and relaxing effect on the skin.
For removing blackheads –
- A useful home remedy for blackheads is to prepare a paste of cinnamon and lime juice. Apply this on face and wash with water after it dries completely.
- Another home remedy for blackheads is to prepare a paste of turmeric powder and coriander leaves. Apply this on face and wash with water after it dries completely.
- Take grape pulp and apply it on blackhead affected area, let it dry for twenty minutes. Then wash your face with warm water.
For acne and blemishes –
- Grate and squeeze juice out of a small piece of watermelon. Leave it on your face for about fifteen minutes. Wash off with hot water and splash cold water. This lotion clears the skin of its blemishes.
- Grind two almonds and add one spoon of carrot juice, two spoons of milk and one spoon of orange juice to it. Apply this on spots and blemishes for thirty minutes. This reduces blemishes and skin becomes soft and shiny.
Beauty remedies for hair –
- To prevent hair loss, apply amla paste on hair. After it dries, wash off with cold water.
- To get shine on hair, apply a paste of one spoon pepper powder, one cup coffee powder and one cup curd. After it dries, wash off with cold water.
- To make hair black, apply a paste of curd and pepper powder. Leave this on hair for fifteen minutes and then wash with cold water.
- Rubbing milk on your scalp can nourish your hair. Smear milk all over the scalp and wash off after some time. This is especially good for dry and rough hair.
So, there are many beauty remedies that you can easily carry out at home. They will not take too much of your time. By involving in these beauty remedies, you will not feel bored. You can enhance your beauty by following these tips at home. They can be a good activity during lockdown time.