I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.
In this chaotic world, it seems that no one has the time to take a step back and think as to what path they are headed. Let’s not make the mistake of joining that ignorant populace. Everybody seems in such a rush to get a degree, score a job and settle down that in this process we have lost track of the most important aspects of living. Questions such as:
- Are we passionate about our work?
- Are we enjoying ourselves?
- Do we like the course that we have opted for?
- Are we sacrificing our desire to elect for a different path?
These questions may have plagued our mind at least once in our lifetime. But we have the tendency to put these questions in the far back corner of our mind. People rarely know which career path is the right one for them. Some may get it right in the first time but for some it may take years!
But fear not, we have come up with some easy pointers which may help you choose the right path.
- Think of what you always wanted to become. Always remember you can achieve anything you choose to be, no matter what others say. Sky’s the limit!
- You can turn your hobbies into an occupation. As they say one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.
- Decide the kind of lifestyle you want in the future. Choose your career accordingly.
- Think of your skills and what you excel at. You can turn that into your career.
- Money may not be more important than passion but we still need it to survive. So consider money also as a relevant factor while choosing your career.
- Mental Satisfaction is an essential factor to live a peaceful and pleasant life. So think of the things that give you inner peace and try if you can make a career out of it.
- If you have already chosen a career for yourself and do not like it then try the above mentioned steps along with taking a few classes related to your interested career.
- If you are confused or hesitant to make a decision then don’t be afraid to talk to your close friends and family. They know you the best and can tell you points which you may have overlooked.
There you have it folks! Try these steps to pick a career which you will enjoy because don’t forget what Mr. Covey said in the above mentioned quote: A man is a product of his decisions.